Cannot install any infusions to SD card after upgrade to 2.0.2

hokeyplayer

I just upgraded by Mark V to 2.0.2 OTA. After doing so I cannot load any infusions on the SD card. When I choose install to SD card, the download sits @ 0%. If I choose internal storage it installs immediately. Any ideas? I tried a factory reset via the GUI and still the same issue.

post-48213-0-83073600-1407825765_thumb.j

Yeah Only a couple of them allow you to go on the SD card i noticed. Last time i tried to install randomroll it only shows the Internal Storage Also pineapplestats stays at 0% when trying to install to SD card.

I just upgraded by Mark V to 2.0.2 OTA. After doing so I cannot load any infusions on the SD card. When I choose install to SD card, the download sits @ 0%. If I choose internal storage it installs immediately. Any ideas? I tried a factory reset via the GUI and still the same issue.

As I told in another post... I had some problems with the infusions using the SD card that i where using with the earlier versions, so i decident to format it again. After that i haven´t had any problems. Don´t know if it will wok for you, i´m just giving you an idea if you do not mind losing your data (at least that you do backup of it ;) )

If it´s works just let everybody know as something that could be with the SD.

where do I format the SD card again? I can't seem to find it for the life of me haha!

Into the Resources Infusion ==> USB Info ==> Format SD Card - (Experimental)

:wink:

Format the Sd card and fash the pineapple with the Recovery web Interface (rememer tu use the Factory Image 1.2 not the update image 1.2)

Edited by ARDETROYA

I'll admit to being newly stumped in similar way after successful upgrade to 2.0.3. I've had no problem with previous upgrades, but the latest has made the SD card no longer available for installing infusions. I've attempted to format SD card, but seems to take forever (like almost 90 minutes) the one time I could get it to go.

fstab looks like

config global automount
option from_fstab 1
option anon_mount 1
config global autoswap
option from_fstab 1
option anon_swap 0
config mount
option target /sd
option device /dev/sdcard/sd1
option fstype auto
option options rw,sync
option enabled 1
option enabled_fsck 0
config swap
option device /dev/sdcard/sd2
option enabled 1
Is strange that so many problems in Pineapple land come down to "bad SD cards".
Any theories on my plight?

I'll admit to being newly stumped in similar way after successful upgrade to 2.0.3. I've had no problem with previous upgrades, but the latest has made the SD card no longer available for installing infusions. I've attempted to format SD card, but seems to take forever (like almost 90 minutes) the one time I could get it to go.

fstab looks like

config global automount
option from_fstab 1
option anon_mount 1
config global autoswap
option from_fstab 1
option anon_swap 0
config mount
option target /sd
option device /dev/sdcard/sd1
option fstype auto
option options rw,sync
option enabled 1
option enabled_fsck 0
config swap
option device /dev/sdcard/sd2
option enabled 1
Is strange that so many problems in Pineapple land come down to "bad SD cards".
Any theories on my plight?

The fstab look´s like mine (I´m in version 2.0.3 and my pienapple looks stable)

Did you try to format it on your PC first?

I used gparted in linux to create the swap and partition sd card ... and I always work ... but some time´s with pineapple and do it from their (experimental) interface with some sdcards do it from the interface of pineapple ... have errors .....

I recommend doing it in the pc to format the sd ...

Greetings

In this case, the 2GB card I was using is toast in all devices- which came about when I went to 2.0.3. Another card works fine. Looking through forums, it just seems weird that the Pineapple appears to be brutal on SD cards as it frequently comes down to needing to reformat/replace. I've never seen another device with so many SD related issues. I love and appreciate the Pineapple and the work behind it, just find the SD thing curious.

I switched (back) to using a USB drive for processes that require I/O on the disk. Especially tools like tcpdump, sslstrip/sslsplit or downloading bigger logfiles via ssh/scp cause problems on my sd but run fine when configured to use USB.

Look in your syslog and dmesg for message like:

usb 1-1.4: reset high-speed USB device number 5 using ehci-platform

This device is the "Multi Flash reader" for the sd card

In this case, the 2GB card I was using is toast in all devices- which came about when I went to 2.0.3. Another card works fine. Looking through forums, it just seems weird that the Pineapple appears to be brutal on SD cards as it frequently comes down to needing to reformat/replace. I've never seen another device with so many SD related issues. I love and appreciate the Pineapple and the work behind it, just find the SD thing curious.

Well in my experience i didn´t have any problem except with the stability updating to 2.0.X but i solved it by a reformat. where did you find that the pienapple appears to break SD´s? did you shaw it versions unfer the version 2.0.0?

There was apparently a (large?) batch of Mk5s shipped with bad (or incorrectly formatted) micro-SD cards. I got one. I simply replaced it with a 32GB class 10 and haven't had any problems since. I think this has caused a lot of people to suggest reformatting for every problem.

Most of the time when none of the /sd installed infusions show up following a reboot, another reboot will mount the device properly. This has happened once since I replaced my card.

I don't know how many bad cards are out there, but I don't think we should blame the pineapple for damaging the cards; in most cases, they started out that way.

"I don't know how many bad cards are out there, but I don't think we should blame the pineapple for damaging the cards; in most cases, they started out that way."

Not blaming Pineapple per se, just remarking how strange it is that so often reformatting SD or replacing it is recommended and/or declared the fix. In my case, a lightly used and reliable non-"bad to begin with" card became toast after latest upgrade, despite upgrade going fine. Would love to hear any technical theory beyond a bad run of cards as SD issues are rampant in the forums.

Really not trying to quibble, genuinely curious about potential root cause.

Edited by ki2k

One more note- on the new class 10 SD card, formatted outside of Pineapple and working well for a day in the Pineapple, if I run an infusion from the SD card the following happens:

- that infusion starts

- SD card no longer seen

- all other infusions that were on the card disappear from UI

- factory reset of Pineapple doesn't "bring back" SD awareness

So then follow it out...

- go reformat card

- put it back in to Pineapple where it is recognized again

- add infusions to SD card successfully

- run one of those infusions

- whole process starts over again- SD card no longer recognized, etc...

For giggles, going to reflash the Pineapple.

There was apparently a (large?) batch of Mk5s shipped with bad (or incorrectly formatted) micro-SD cards. I got one. I simply replaced it with a 32GB class 10 and haven't had any problems since. I think this has caused a lot of people to suggest reformatting for every problem.

I replaced it too, and I had problems with the SD card after the upgrade.

At this point, I''m ready to declare my Mark V a defective unit in regards to SD card operations.

- Mark V reflashed, no worries. Original upgrade to 2.0.3 was also trouble free, as were earlier upgrades. Never had SD card issues before 2.0.3

- perfectly good 2 Gig SD card stopped working after upgrade. Reformatted using gparted Ext 4, will work for one go, power cycle and card is gone again.

- new 32 GB SD class 10 card pretty much same thing, over and over. Card fine until you reboot or run an infusion from it, then gone. Removing, reinserting does nothing, nor does reflash Pineapple. Only formatting SD card (making sure no BS partitions created, etc) brings it back, albeit temporarily

- feels like MBR or whatever equivalent on SD is being corrupted by Pineapple

- fstab file already verified good, and I'm forking with nothing but SD card

Weird. Only thing I have lingering question on- swap file always at zero. See no reference for manual editing or what it should be if different, in forums. should it be something else, and if so, what?

I'm game to any meaningful input, but with as much network equipment that I work on, this truly feels like code bug on this device.

Edited by ki2k

If it was a code bug wouldn't others using the same hardware and firmware see it?? That being said, are you going into the Resources tab and formatting it there with the supplied command? It creates the partition and the swap space at the same time... What I would do, assuming you haven't tried it, do that then reboot and check the resources Tab again to see the swap space is in use. Use a few of the onboard infusions or install to the internal... Reboot a few more times after using those and see if it works like it should. If that is successful and the sd card stays viable with the swap, try installing infusions to the sd card and test/reboot again. Also, what power source are you using? Try a different one to rule that out after doing the other steps above. Let us know what happens...

Thanks. I thought about downgrading, haven't gone that route yet. As I mentioned earlier in thread, the SD wonkiness came about after going to 2.0.3, and two SDs exhibit same behavior. Have formatted the SD both ways- outside of Pineapple using Linux PC, and under resources tab (seems to be conflicting opinions of the reliability of the onboard command in the forums- in my opinion, this is one of those little niggling topics that could use clarification, and if the inboard command is sound perhaps remove the "experimental" descriptor"?)

After onboard formatting and reported success, have rebooted and see no change to swap on either card.

Am using original power supply, will try the PS from my Mark IV in case the one I'm using is unstable.

One more data point- seeing now that when card is no longer acknowledged in resources, any infusion put on the card is "orphaned" under installed infusions. You see it listed as installed, but has no file size.

And... Once this morning, out of desperation, simply inserting removing card repeatedly a few times made it "show up" properly but it promptly went back to problem state after running infusion from card.

For clarity- I'm not suggesting a code issue on 2.0.3 globally, just on this unit (not unheard of, even on pricey enterprise hardware)

Will try different power supply and code downgrade and see where it goes. Again thanks.