Expired cert

cooper

So, how many people besides Darren & Co. didn't notice that their site cert has expired today?

Did you "Whatever, next, next, add exception, fuck off...." or did you actually look into why an error appeared, that's assuming it did for you aswell, before clicking on?

I did? What part of my message gave you that idea?

So, how many people besides Darren & Co. didn't notice that their site cert has expired today?

Did you "Whatever, next, next, add exception, fuck off...." or did you actually look into why an error appeared, that's assuming it did for you aswell, before clicking on? that part

Still puzzled.

First line:

- Darren & Co didn't notice or they would've fixed/prevented it.

- Question posed: "Who else noticed?"

Second line:

- Question posed: "Did you ignore whatever warnings you may have gotten to get to the site, or did you investigate?"

But to clarify, I'm not in the least upset by this. I think it's damn shitty timing as they just had Defcon which could result in a large influx of new site visitors who are a bit more touchy about things like this than your average Joe. You don't want the first thing these people see to be a security warning...

Cooper, you know with all my certification questions I've been asking in the 'security' forums, I was all over this... but yea crap timing... I know they're at defcon, but no one else pays attention to the site's maintenance?

Cooper, you know with all my certification questions I've been asking in the 'security' forums, I was all over this... but yea crap timing... I know they're at defcon, but no one else pays attention to the site's maintenance?

There's like 5 of them, and I'm pretty sure they all went to Defcon. I've also had sites or other certificates expire because of a missed email, or no email from the provider at all.

I'm currently seeing a new cert from GeoTrust with a start date of the 11th and an end date of 12 september 2016. That should keep things sorted for a while.

I do get a grey triangle with an exclamation mark where I would expect a closed lock to appear, the description on mouse-over of that states "This website does not supply identity information".

Maybe still kind of a work in progress?