Atheros AR5B225 Packet injection Capabilities?

trexxit

I read the specs on the AR5B225, it's just a model number. The chipset is Atheros AR9285, which is supported by Reaver and Aircrack.
You should be fine :)

I read the specs on the AR5B225, it's just a model number. The chipset is Atheros AR9285, which is supported by Reaver and Aircrack.

You should be fine :)

Thanks man, I wasn't sure but it's nice to know that its supported, is it supported out fo the box or does it need driver patching?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the extremly late reply, but I'm pretty sure it should work out of the box. If not it should be pretty easy to load in the right kernel module.
I know it works out of the box for Debian, and since Ath9k is pretty popular, it should work right away.

In my personal experience, driver patching is exceedingly rare. You might have to upgrade the kernel a notch or two sometimes relative to what the distro ships by default, but that depends greatly on the distro involved (Debian actually being one of the more conservative ones, so if Spazi is right, you really should be golden).