dell/hp laptop broken sound.

badbass

Ok this is a hardware related question the answer is after extensive search of master google, youtube, dell , and HP sites. There is a sense pin in the jack that determines if there is headphones plugged in or not.
Replacing the audio i/o Board might help, but for some people it does and some people it does not. The bottom of the customers laptop had half of the screws missing anyway. I backed off after opening a can of worms. I suggested to use a set of speakers or external sound card and speakers. She said I want my laptop to work the way it is supposed to. I was ready to say let me pull the sound board for your dell inspiron n5010 out of my butt. This is why I stay away from things like this and move more towards commercial customers. Not regular home users. Commercial business customers seem to understand what is going on and don't abuse pc people. It is to the point when someone has an Internet problem I plug my laptop in verify the equipment is working get the ip address ping something. Plug there PC back in restart the modem show them they can get online don't let them say let me test it to see if I can get to Morganstanley. done

Edited by badbass