[Web UI] Custom WiFi Pineapple interface with some more features

Ok,

So some time ago I decided to extract the Web UI from the pineapple firmware (/pineapple) and modify it.

So, let's get onto the facts shall we?

Hak5 - Wi-Fi Pineapple Web UI changes (By Jack Davies, AKA Lavanoid Volcanic):
1.) Modified index.php (The root index of the web server). These changes enable the page to read the
configuration that is located in /includes/configuration/layout.php, which contains the theme config.
2.) Created the directory "/includes/configuration" - this may prove useful for future implementations.
3.) Created the directory "/includes/theme" - this directory contains three themes, the original theme,
and the other two are custom themes created by me, which are white_elegence and black_elegence.
the background that is included in the two custom themes are NOT my creation - I got them from a free
wallpaper site - I TAKE NO CREDIT! The background included in the theme "white_elegence" has had it's
colour inverted to match the white elements, however - I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS EITHER!
4.) I've sanitised the scripts stored within /includes/api - I don't like messy scripts, although they
work, I have OCD (Obsessive Cleaning Disorder) so it interferes with my digital life aswell as the real one.
I've also sanitised the /includes/json.php - why was all of the script placed on one line? If I was a
CPU, I would be scared to read all of that at once.
5.) Made a few modifications to /includes/css/styles_main.php (I can't remember if I renamed it to .php from .css).
The original "styles_main.php" has been placed within the "/includes/theme/original" directory - some people
may want the original UI, why should my work stop them?
6.) Made the /includes/api/statusbar_handler.php better by changing the output of the system status. Before, the
command "uptime" was just run without any other tampering involved - I thought this wasn't good enough
so I made it give out a much cleaner output.
7.) Added an API that is stored as /includes/api/cpu_load.php - this just outputs the CPU usage in %. I was
hoping to use this to implement status bars that show the CPU usage and later on adapt this to show other stats,
but Javascript hasn't been my "best friend" lately.
Unfortunately, I do not own the Pineapple so I cannot gurantee that my modifications wiil work on the
device that it was designed for (MK5) so I hope that if there are bugs, that you can fix them. I have
been testing as much of the script as I can via my own webserver (Ubuntu, Apache2, PHP5) so that is how
I have been able to "emulate" a Pineapple, though I cannot use the features such as the infustion tiles etc.
Ideas for the future:
I no longer have the time to continue editing the Web UI as I have more important things to deal with (school
exams, college etc) so here are my ideas that I think should be implemented into the UI:
1.) A little "tab" box that allows the user to select a different theme without editing the /includes/configuration/layout.php
file.
2.) A page dedicated to theme downloads.
3.) A percentage bar located below the status bar that indicates CPU usage - I tried to add this feature myself
but the script just won't work - the "setInterval" command in the javascript ignores what I have placed,
I have no idea for why this is, neither am I able to spend the time figuring it out - sorry.
Thank you for taking the time to read this changelog!
Good luck!
*********** UPDATE ***********
Version 1.1) Just made another slight modification to the "statusbar_handler.php" file. There was a bug when displaying the No. of logged on users.

Download link: dl.dropbox.com/s/u5pp48acdcagebo/www_Pineapple_1.1_MK5.zip

I've tried getting in contact with Darren Kitchen about this for some time now, but no luck so I thought I'd post it in the forum for him to find instead.

Screenshots:

WiFiPineapple_Light.png

WiFiPineapple_Dark.png

WiFiPineapple_Config.png

Installation instructions:

1.) SSH into the pineapple

2.) Ensure that the pineapple is connected to the internet

3.) Run the following commands:

cd /pineapple

rm -R *

wget dl.dropbox.com/s/u5pp48acdcagebo/www_Pineapple_1.1_MK5.zip

unzip *

As stated before - I do NOT own a Pineapple so I am unable to test all of the features; neither am I able to guarantee a hassle free installation. I would deeply appreciate it if I had some positive feedback though. Give it a try; perhaps you'll love your Pineapple even more than before!

Edited by Lavanoid

could you please give us some instructions on how to install it?

thank you very much...

Step 1.)

Ssh into your pineapple.

Then enter this:

cd /

rm -R pineapple

mkdir pineapple

cd pineapple

wget dl.dropbox.com/s/uzj6tmeppkmdtii/LavaPrompt_Hak5_Release.zip

unzip *.zip

That should be it. I don't own a pineapple to I cannot promise to you that the above code will work. Give it a try ;)

Perhaps it would be better to do:

Or even mv /pineapple /pineapple-ORIG

But I think you should try to work directly with Sebkinne, the pineapple software guy. And get a pineapple too, so you can test your work.

Also, Version 1.5 will be released at DEFCON (or Bsides) in just about a week. There could be many changes.

Lavanoid, it's great to see your theme. It seems you've spent considerable time on this project and I commend you for your contribution. I know there will be some technical details which will need to be ironed out seeing as the interface is currently being changed for v1.5. I believe Seb will detail them soon. Until then I just wanted to say thank you for input on the UI. Cheers!

Lavanoid, it's great to see your theme. It seems you've spent considerable time on this project and I commend you for your contribution. I know there will be some technical details which will need to be ironed out seeing as the interface is currently being changed for v1.5. I believe Seb will detail them soon. Until then I just wanted to say thank you for input on the UI. Cheers!

No problem Mr Kitchen. I made a comment on the latest Hak5 video about unlocking your device with NFC tags too.

If you are rooted, install Xposed Framework (Google it), then install NFC Screenoff Enabler (it's name is somewhat among those lines) which can be found within the Xposed app in the Download section. Once the module had been installed, open the modules UI and use it's config to register your tag to unlock the device.

Or even mv /pineapple /pineapple-ORIG

But I think you should try to work directly with Sebkinne, the pineapple software guy. And get a pineapple too, so you can test your work.

Also, Version 1.5 will be released at DEFCON (or Bsides) in just about a week. There could be many changes.

Indeed. Thanks for the note. I want a Pineapple but unfortunately I cannot get the funds to buy one. I know the Pineapple is a low price piece of kit considering it's functionality; but I can't even afford that. I live with my parents and they have bills so their left with very little money.

Bummer -_-

Do you think Seb can "steal" some parts from my work and merge them with the update? I think he will mostly find the "statusbar_handler" to be useful as it contains the script that creates the CPU % usage output as well as the tidy Logged On Users output.

Edited by Lavanoid