Mk V doesn't respond to unbricking instructions. Any ideas?

Phaedrus

Morning All -

I've been searching the forum for some guidance, but nothing's worked so far. I hope this is the place for this request.

I've been running the MkV for a few months - no issues. Then it had a power failure during a firmware upgrade (laptop plugged in - no battery - small child - sigh) and the MkV looks bricked.

Attempt 1: Read the unbrick instructions, grabbed firmware bin, rebooted (UUUUD) - solid green, solid red, no B or A

Gave laptop static ip 192.168.1.2, can't connect via ethernet, no wifi access

Attempt 2: Tried reboot and reset (UDDUU) - solid green, flashing RBG - no ethernet connection, no wifi access

Am I missing something obvious? Running Mint 17-64

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Phaedrus

did you try Recovery Web Interface to "unbrick" it (DIP setting 11110)? don forget to follow the inst4ructions and the factory-1.2.0.bin file

Thanks for the reply!

I did download that firmware and try the 11110 (UUUUD) boot option, but I get solid amber, green and red now.

When I connect by ethernet to the laptop, it says "connecting" but never actually connects. In the browser, it says "Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.1"

Phaedrus

Have you manually set you laptop IP Address ? (192.168.1.2). Static LEDs are correct in Recovery mode (though I forget which one;s).

Yes, my laptop is set to 192.168.1.2. Just to see, I rebooted the laptop in recovery mode (11110) without unplugging the pineapple.

Still no ethernet connection, but all of the lights are on and solid. Curiouser and curiouser...

Edited by Phaedrus

Does windows report the network cable as "unplugged" ? As if nothing is connected at all.

If so, this sounds very similar to an issue that I had with my first Pineapple Mk V - I got a replacement.

If not, can you at least "ping" 192.168.1.1 ?