I'm new

Muffin Raptor

So I am very new to the idea of hacking but seeing as I play a lot of video games online with some angry people that appear to be technologically inclined, I would like some one to take me on as their "apprentice" (lolz) and teach me. First of all how to protect my self from others trying to hack me. As well as possibly learning some way of retaliating if they do. (for non-illegal purposes only of course) Any help is appreciated thanks! :D

You have a lot to learn man Hacking is not a skill you can pick up in a few hours its a skill that continuously grows over years if you are interested in computers I would recommend doing a lot of research on how they work (which is what I did ) once you know how they work, Build one. After that buy some books on hacking I recommend HACKING EXPOSED 7. And never stop learning. Also get some DUMMIES books and Get BT5 or Kali and start to learn bash and some other languages!

Watch DEFCON and BLACKHAT talks on youtube and watch eli the computer guy and watch as much as you can! I have learned soo much from others on youtube I can't describe it!

As I said if you are not dedicated to learning this will be painful!

If you really want to learn Private Message me and I will help you out with any problems you have or questions!!

Edited by Computer_Security

Look into ways of hardening your OS. It'll mean it'll get in your face more often than now, but that will happen less often as you come to grips with this configuration. The point is that a hardened machine will require a bit more from the authorized user and a HECK of a lot more from an unauthorized user.

Look into ways of hardening your OS. It'll mean it'll get in your face more often than now, but that will happen less often as you come to grips with this configuration. The point is that a hardened machine will require a bit more from the authorized user and a HECK of a lot more from an unauthorized user.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

You have a lot to learn man Hacking is not a skill you can pick up in a few hours its a skill that continuously grows over years if you are interested in computers I would recommend doing a lot of research on how they work (which is what I did ) once you know how they work, Build one. After that buy some books on hacking I recommend HACKING EXPOSED 7. And never stop learning. Also get some DUMMIES books and Get BT5 or Kali and start to learn bash and some other languages!

Watch DEFCON and BLACKHAT talks on youtube and watch eli the computer guy and watch as much as you can! I have learned soo much from others on youtube I can't describe it!

As I said if you are not dedicated to learning this will be painful!

If you really want to learn Private Message me and I will help you out with any problems you have or questions!!

BT5? I'm not sure what any of your abriviations mean lol. Like I said. I am VERY new to this.

BT5? I'm not sure what any of your abriviations mean lol. Like I said. I am VERY new to this.

Okay so this is why you have to do some research but it my bad that I didnt specify what I was talking about okay so BT5 is Backtrack 5 which is a linux operating system that is full of hacking programs and tools!!!!

And its okay because you have to start somewhere!!!! Lol

This is a great community of guys and im sure none of us would have a problem helping u out if ur stuck!!!

Edited by Computer_Security

Yo dude make hacking your culture and do a lot research on computer, security and other stuff and don't say teach me just teach your self if someone told u to download his app and start hacking maybe it could be a Trojan or other stuff what I'm saying teach your self that's the quicker way.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

The 'hardening' of a system means making it less susceptible to attack by reducing the attack surface and by controlling and monitoring the remaining attack surface in such a way that if you do get attacked, you'll know about it and you've done things to reduce the impact of an attack if it somehow turned out to be effective.

Reducing the attack surface can best be illustrated by viewing your computer as an inpenetrable brick wall. The only way for the outside (=anything on the internet) to get to your machine is to go through the wall. Since there are legitimate reasons for you to want to have things on the internet reach your machine (basic browsing, email, games, chat, whatever) some of the bricks in that wall have been removed. The attack surface is the surface area of the wall that is not covered by bricks. The larger the area, the more exposed the machine beyond it is. By default, there are quite a number of bricks missing from the wall because for your typical home user it's simply more convenient that way. When you harden the machine, that means you alter the default install in such a way that you effectively put a number of bricks back into the wall.

Controlling and monitoring the remaining surface is akin to covering up the remaining holes in the wall with a metal mesh such that when traffic that you want to receive is allowed in whereas traffic you don't want is kept out (for example the IRC server can open a connection to your machine on port X but any other machine attempting to do the same will get flagged and blocked). You want to ensure that only legitimate traffic gets beyond the wall and any other traffic should not only be blocked but also logged somewhere where you can find it. Being able to notice that someone is hacking you is critical as it puts you in a position of control - if there really is nothing you can do to prevent the hack, you can always pull the plug and thus protect the integrity of the system.

A decent writeup on how to harden a Windows 7 machine can be found here.

Edited by Cooper

Protecting your network isn't all esoteric 'hacker' stuff (lots of times it's esoteric network or programatical stuff, sorry). On a network level you can make sure you have a router that supports NAT, and has a firewall. Try to do some research, make sure the router you buy does not allow logging in from the internet side. Some of these guys might be able to point you to a good one. NAT is a good shrouding protocol, because it makes it so that people on the outside of your network cannot see what your inside network addressing scheme looks like unless they have a beachhead (make sure your router supports NAT). I would get in a habit of reading the logs on the router and your PC every so often. Unfortunately hackers prey on glitches in software, browsers, operating systems, etc. Also, make sure you have antivirus on all your computers (except maybe the ones you have metasploit installed on). There are also host based firewalls, if you want another layer of protection, but I usually don't use these. If you think your computer has been compromised you will have to rebuild it, because you cannot trust the computer after it has been infected even if you are fairly confident you destroyed the virus. Viruses have all sorts of tricks to evade detection. The key here is to have some sort of proof, or erratic behavior having been experienced. It might be fun to figure out how a packet sniffer works, and thus figure out if there is any suspicious information being sent over the wire. If you have a switch or something that supports port mirroring it would be best to sniff from another relatively bare computer. There are also all sorts of tools out there for anonymization and protection, look into them. For instance, VMware has a browser virtual machine out there in case you want to visit a web site, but you are unsure whether it has been breached or is a drive by. You can also keep your IP address confidential through some tools, but I would not recommend TOR because the NSA has been hacking that one lately. It would also maybe help us if we knew where they threatened you so we can determine whether they are just blowing hot air (use a VM or something any of you who check this out, we don't want to step into a drive by). 90% of the internet is lying.

Everybody else, post some specifics for the guy! References to brick walls will do him no good!