Ssh over bluetooth?

I have read forums about people wanting bluetooth on the wifipineapple to teather internet... but what about ssh? I think this would be much more useful. Anyone have any comments?

I just got my pineapple so not too familiar with it yet. but I was thinking either telnet or ssh over blue tooth would be very useful, may have to use pan blue tooth if in doubt.

i connect my usb dongle and it recognized it but the bluetooth led is not blinking.

Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

the dd-wrt has success installing bluetooth usb devices so i will start there.

Please let telnet just die, netcat is much more useful.

Bluetooth has it's uses, but it's a low bandwidth technology. I like that it has a short range, but I wouldn't want to use it for tethering.

I know you can SSH over Bluetooth, but I think other cheap WiFi dongles are (almost?) always a better option.

What exactly is the use case for this idea with the pineapple? I'm not criticizing the idea at all; I think "just to do it" is a perfectly respectable answer. But I'm curious to know if there's a more practical reason too.

Please let telnet just die, netcat is much more useful.

Bluetooth has it's uses, but it's a low bandwidth technology. I like that it has a short range, but I wouldn't want to use it for tethering.

I know you can SSH over Bluetooth, but I think other cheap WiFi dongles are (almost?) always a better option.

What exactly is the use case for this idea with the pineapple? I'm not criticizing the idea at all; I think "just to do it" is a perfectly respectable answer. But I'm curious to know if there's a more practical reason too.

Wait, what? Let telnet die? You realize netcat is essentially the same thing. And just about EVERYTHING has telnet. Either way, they both send in plain text.

I think it's a bit of over-thinking. Just use bluetooth as a serial interface (no ssh needed) and you're off to the races. Yeah, anyone could potentially connect to it and start messing around. But who uses bluetooth anyways :)?

I can see using bluetooth as a quick serial command line terminal, not sure what else.

The idea was that if you have Bluetooth paired to a phone or laptop it is not visible to other devices.

so you could send commands over serial or ssh without having another wifi network open that others can see (useful for wps attacks or passive sniffing)

or even if you were desperate your could set up a pan network and access it over http.

my goal was ssh,telnet or serial but i was born after the 80's so i have very little experience in serial lol.

The comparison of telnet to netcat was intended as humor, highlighting the clear text/poor security issue. When you use a short serial cable, you can use clear text without fear of compromise. But once you send your data "over the air," it's out there for all to see. You might not care about your data being compromised, but how 'bout the passwords?

Bluetooth is just another wireless protocol, so it is visible to others. Check out the Ubertooth One from the HakShop.

got a question if anyone can help,

i installed all the programs needed bluez,dbus, ect...

but i had to install them to the sd card, when i first run them it ives me all kinds of errors as expected.

so i opened nano and changed the paths in all the config files to include /sd/

but now i cant exicute them for example when i run

/etc/init.d/dbus enable

it says file not found...

the file is there i can cd to it and edit it. i tried chmod a+x myfile

the files are suppose to be in

/etc/init.d/dbus

and a couple other folder close by

i put them in

/sd/etc/init.d/dbus

due to lack of room

to install them on sd i ran the command

example

opkg -d sd install kmod-bluetooth

i guess the proper way is to re map it some how but i have absolutly no idea.