basic connection configuration questions

Hi all,

My questions seem basic, but I don't know the answer. My pineapple works fine, and I've enjoyed exploring it. I'm running win7, and have configured the network adapters appropriately, in order to use the pineapple via ethernet cable. My question is this: how would I configure this for remote use ? I've watched the video on using the pineapple in client mode, and I understand that, but how would I then access the pineapple myself ? Hypothetical scenario- I've set the pineapple to client mode and connected to some free wifi. I've placed it somewhere out of the way. Now I am sitting nearby with my laptop, and want to access, in order to "do stuff". For that matter, when I am initially connecting the pineapple in client mode, I am assuming I will do this from my laptop, with the device connected via ethernet cable ? Sorry if this seems really elementary. As I said, I'm ok with it hardwired to my laptop, but I'd like to experiment with it "remotely". Thanks for any help.

Of course not... it was just bugging me that I could play with this thing hardwired, but couldn't make it work wirelessly. SO when you say connect to the karma broadcasting SSID, do you mean the pineapple SSID ? I can see it show up on the list of available networks, obviously.

Of course not... it was just bugging me that I could play with this thing hardwired, but couldn't make it work wirelessly. SO when you say connect to the karma broadcasting SSID, do you mean the pineapple SSID ? I can see it show up on the list of available networks, obviously.

Yes

Also, do I keep it hardwired in order to connect it to an AP, then disconnect the cable, and carry on from there, ie: connect my laptop to the pineapple SSID ?

Yes

Nice, ...that helps a lot , thanks. And of course, from that point on, I just connect to the pineapple UI the same way ? Also, on my laptop's list of available networks, the pineapple shows up as "pineapple". I thought that by leaving the persistent checkbox unticked in the karma config screen, the SSID would mimic other SSIDs. After all, no one would knowingly connect to some weird SSID like "pineapple", right?