How to get the hak5 shop to respond

kimtiede

Guest spazi

Seriously? There is hundreds of people here that can vouch for hak5. Me included.

It's a small company, so reply time isn't below 24 hours. I know a week is a long time and it's smart of you to contact the forums.

I know they been having problems with the spam filter, I'm guessing your email got lost somewhere.

That being said, how can we help?

Have you followed the included startup guide?

Have you inserted the included sdcard before you turned on the wifi pineapple?

What leds are blinking when you turn it on?

Any other info would be great, what kind of computer and OS are you using etc.

I understand your frustration, but let the forum try to help you :)

My new pineapple wifi will not boot.

I sent an email to hak5 shop a week ago but has not received any response yet.

Is there another way to get in contact with them or have I just lost my money?

YOu saying there's no lights working at all, when you power it up ?

IF lights are working then its doing it first boot thing mine took 5 /10 mins to boot up on first try.

Well, Shannon just got married, so give them a break. That's bound to be a bit disruptive.

Do you want your money back, or do you want your pineapple to work? If it's the latter, there is a lot of help available here. Search these forums first before posting; someone else has almost certainly addressed your issue. If you still need help and have read Answers to common questions, then post a meaningful (polite) and detailed description of your problem.

I sent an email to hak5 shop a week ago but has not received any response yet.

lol

It has been my experience that they are very selective on what they respond to in email.. Send another email or post your issue here and we can try to help.

I tried getting in contact with them as I think my device is defective. I think they should reply within a week and not be selective about which mails to reply :-)

When I first got the device and powered it up it did not upgrade and nothing happened. The green and red LED turned on but that was it. I looked at the content of the SD-CARD (using my Ubuntu server) and it was empty.

So I followed the "bricked" mode flashing instructions and it worked. I booted the device and could access the web interface.

The day after I tried powering up the device it did not boot. The following happens:

* Sometimes the green, blue and red LEDs are turned on and nothing more happens.

* Sometimes the green and red LEDs are turned on and the amber LED blinks.

* Sometimes (perhaps 1 out of 50 tries) the devices boots up and works.

I have tried to start it in recovery mode again - but it is the same behavior.

Thanks for your help.

Kim

By the way - was not trying to be impolite. I am just a bit frustrated having what seems to be a defective device.

I also made a forum post a week ago, but none of the suggestions there has resolved the issue, so I assume that it is defective.

Cheers

Kim

Kim, I understand your frustration and I give you my sincerest apology.

Our policy is to respond to emails in a timely manner - usually within 24-48 hours. Yours has obviously been lost and I will look into ensuring this does not happen again.

We are committed to customer satisfaction and stand by our product. I will personally flash and test a replacement unit to be shipped out express on Monday morning.

Going forward I will evaluate our current troubleshooting and contact information to ensure a positive pineapple experience.

Again, my sincerest apologies. You have my word we will make this right.