How old where u?

IAMGiGaByTeX86

You are never to old to learn anything. I first picked up linux when I was about 13 or so back in the day when ubuntu would ship free installation disks if you requested them. I still have 10.04 on an "official" dvd from ubuntu.

Just a tip though, since you are young and its easy to get mixed up with the wrong things. Don't get mixed up with the wrong things and learn as much as you can about everything that you can

Edited by newbi3

You are never to old to learn anything. I first picked up linux when I was about 13 or so back in the day when ubuntu would ship free installation disks if you requested them. I still have 10.04 on an "official" dvd from ubuntu.

Just a tip though, since you are young and its easy to get mixed up with the wrong things. Don't get mixed up with the wrong things and learn as much as you can about everything that you can

Yeah i first started to look into aircrack and metasploit but after i know how to create a simple payload i wanted to know what each commands does excactly so i try to learn that and now im learning all the normal linux commands like grep , pipe | and stuff and later i look into the thing like wireshark and how it works and what it does exactly.

Edited by IAMGiGaByTeX86

Guest spazi

You can never be too late to start learning something new.
I'm 29 and I believe I started hacking when I was 25.
I've been using computers since I was 5 but was never properly introduced to Unix/Linux. Or open source for that matter.
I'm pretty good at fixing things, kinda my "skill"
One day I was fed up with never learning about hacking or linux, so I simply sat down and started reading stuff on the internet.
Started using Ubuntu and Backtrack, I have now moved on to Kali.
I'm still a rookie in the hacking scene, but I'm a faster learner.
Reading books about computers, linux, command line and hacking has taught me many great things. If you like reading books you should try it too :)

Never use your age to gauge where you should be. You'll always end up justifying things using your age. For instance, "[insert Name] was 19 when he was a hacker. I'm only 16.". You'll end up being lazy that way.

The best thing to do is just not think about anyone else other than yourself and hone your craft. This goes for anything in life. Age means nothing.

Good luck.

I found Linux in the form of a 4cd slackware 3.1 (iirc) pack included in a book I found at a bookstore. When I tried it, my Cyrix 120 P150+ (remember those?) ran woefully unstable with Windows 95 and even NT-3.51.

My first attempts were real trials as my Trident VGA adapter (heh, remember those?) was poorly supported but I was able to get my school work done outside of X anyways, the system ran rock-stable and my ISDN adapter card (remember THOSE??) did work fantastically well there.

That was about 20 years ago. I learned a lot then. Later on I got lazy and went with Debian as its package manager did dependency checking and resolving automagically. Then I got bored and decided to start over in true hardcore style with Linux From Scratch. Not something I'd recommend on your main machine unless you have a free week or so to spend, but you learn a SHITLOAD of stuff real fast... You have to if you want the system to do anything at all. And it's a complete and utter bitch to maintain.

Like others said with different words, the day you are too old to learn is the day you've given up. So the question really is: are you a quitter?