I burned my pineapple ! HELP !

I supplied my Wifi pineapple with a 12V alimentation with the USB powered Hub. ( http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/usb-powered-hub )

The Pineapple burned out !!! What can I do ? :(

I want my money back !!! Is there somewhere a fuse ?

It worked fine with the DC connector :(

It's very embarrassing because I got the Pineapple some days ago !

Please help me ! I'm desperated !

Thanx,

Fred

Edited by fredoldodo

It is probably worth emailing the shop and giving them full details of what happened.

They sometimes take a few days to respond ( as I believe they are only a small group of people that deal with this ), but be paitent and drop them an email.

Hi Fred,

First of all, I'm sorry this happened to you!

Unfortunately the WiFi Pineapple MKV does not have a fuse - if the MKV burned out, it is broken.

Let me make sure I understand the situation right though:

You were able to use the WiFi Pineapple MKV just fine with the power supply we shipped?

You were able to use the powered hub with the WiFi Pineapple MKV while it was powered with the power supply we shipped?

What exactly happened that makes you say "It burned out"? You tried the original power supply to make sure it's not the one you used?

What this "12V alimentation" you speak of? Googling shows it's french for 12V power supply? Can we get a picture of the back of this power supply, showing all information about it?

In the end, it kind of sounds like the "12V alimentation" is at fault - if it worked fine on the supplied charger. In that case, you broke your own device and unfortunately we cannot replace it / give you your money back, as it worked fine with the parts we supplied. This is of course only true if I understood the facts correctly.

I suggest you email shop@hak5.org and include a link to this forum post. We will take a closer look at the issue at hand.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thank you :)

Yes I meaned "Power Supply" with "Alimentation" (it's really difficult for me to express myself in english, I'm only fourteen. )

I was able to use the Pineapple, yes, but only with this DC barrel cable: 1.JPG

This is my brand new car battery, 12 Volts - 7 A/hour with an USB cable mounted on it:

2.JPGIt broke down when I tried to supply the pineapple like this:

3.JPG

Thank you very very much for your help, :wub::grin:

Fred :smile:

Yeah, it's dead.

You powered it over the USB hub alone, backfeeding 12V to the poor little CPU. That's fried..

Had you plugged in the 12V into the barrel conenctor of the WiFi Pineapple, it would have been fine.

Powering the Powered USB hub should have been done with a 5V PSU.

Sadly, there isn't much we can do for you :(

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I'm not laughing at Fredoldodo, but this mishap brought back memories of the venerable Etherkiller from the books of the BOFH.

I'm surprised they haven't made one for USB themselves yet - it seems you beat them to it. Then again, those pages haven't been updated in forever...

I did find a Wifi killer though. Note that health and safety isn't entirely adhered to....