WifiPineapple "Error connecting" when refresh Pineapple Bar

I am using a mac osx 10.9.3, I have powered on the wifi pineapple and connected it to my mac with the supplied ethernet cable. I have set my mac ethernet setting to ipv4 manually, ip address: 172.16.42.42, subnet: 255.255.255.0 and added dns server 8.8.8.8 . i have also allowed wifi to ethernet internet sharing. I am able to log into the pineapple at 172.16.42.1:1471, and when connecting to pineapple access point from another device i am able to browse the web. However i am unable to view anything under the pineable bar menu, i get the following message "Error connecting. Please check your internet connection!" how can i fix this?

I am using a mac osx 10.9.3, I have powered on the wifi pineapple and connected it to my mac with the supplied ethernet cable. I have set my mac ethernet setting to ipv4 manually, ip address: 172.16.42.42, subnet: 255.255.255.0 and added dns server 8.8.8.8 . i have also allowed wifi to ethernet internet sharing. I am able to log into the pineapple at 172.16.42.1:1471, and when connecting to pineapple access point from another device i am able to browse the web. However i am unable to view anything under the pineable bar menu, i get the following message "Error connecting. Please check your internet connection!" how can i fix this?

Internet connection sharing on Macs is "funky". They automagically change the ip addresses, no matter what you input. Best bet would be to use the pineapple's client mode to connect to your wifi to update and install infusions.

Internet connection sharing on Macs is "funky". They automagically change the ip addresses, no matter what you input. Best bet would be to use the pineapple's client mode to connect to your wifi to update and install infusions.

If you mean browsing to http://172.16.42.1:1471/, logging in and clicking on "Pineapple Bar", i have tried that and get a connection error.

what ip address and related info should the pineaaple/Mac have?

also under the "network" tab is

Wlan0 Enabled. | Disable

Wlan1 Disabled. | Enable

Internet IP: Error Connecting

LAN: 172.16.42.1

Wlan1: N/A

Mobile: N/A

Edited by lufthansa747

Enable wlan1 then go into the network infusion. In there will be a section that will allow you to connect to your home wifi. After it's connected, you can upgrade over the wifi.

You can also manually copy the update to your pineapple and run the update over ssh.

https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing

Edited by barry99705