toughdrive?

deathwarder

can i ask why you wanna put isos on a usb drive? if ur just transferring between machines there's this nice little usb to usb thing u can get. or if ur having to make multiple trips, get an external usb hard drive and do all ur files in one trip? it would help if i knew what ur trying to achieve, why are you caught up on speed?

I backup my mom's 4gigs of files monthly, I reformat once every two months(average). I need to back things up quickly to other computers, especially over large distances. Im not too caught up on speed anymore. Right now, its either the cruzer micro or the cruzer mini. I just need to know, can u3 be removed?If so, does the cd partition go away? Can it be put back on if I change my mind? The micro is faster, cheaper, and I woldn't need to worry about loosing a cap, thats why I need to know about u3. The micro is fast enough for me.

Just buy one for gods sake, its a $50 USB stick, not a major purchase. U3 is a nice extra, get it if you want to hack, if you don't want it, do bother buying one and removing it, its just 6mb lost. Also, there a lot of different USB sticks on the market, however, there isn't as many places that actually make them. And there is only a handful of company's that actually make the memory chips.

Ok, Ill go looking. It is a major purchase in my opinion, I was brought up to know the value of a dollar, and not to waste 50 on something substandard.

u obviously dont know the value of jack shit, coz ur about to waste money on something you dont need. n00b

you are referring to the flash drive? Ok, well let me tell you something, I have a job managing three websites for various organizations around the area. They've each got something like 300megs of files to transport around for editing. I made frequent backups of my mom's computer(no disk burner), and the family computer(too many files for a cd burner). I transport files to my grandparents(mainly photos, the cd drive's functionality is sparatic).