SDR Fun

First post here! Hi everyone.

So, I've been enjoying the SDR and ADS-B series, and got myself on ebay and ordered one of those DVB-T sticks. It took a bit of tweaking, but I finally got SDR# working, I spent a few hours tuning around the spectrum and I am very impressed with the results i'm getting. I'm still using the feeble little antenna that comes with the stick (Next project, home made wide-band antenna).

Impressed by the results, decided to give ADS-B a shot, so i fired up ADSB# and connect with Plane Plotter, I expected very little as it was pretty late in the evening. After a few seconds, planes stated popping up over the South east coast of England. Not to many but a few. It was pretty late, so decided to give it a go in the morning.

Once again, I fired up ADSB# and PlanePlotter, I could not believe the results i was getting. I am about 40 miles directly east of London, towards the southeast coast, my location is also elevated about 150ft as I am in a high rise apartment. I'm using the supplied aerial, and I am seeing aircraft as far as Den Helder(Northern Holland), Brussels, and Paris.

post-47761-0-55096700-1402857982_thumb.j

I'm certainly adding a narrow band ADS-B antenna to my project list. I should get pretty awesome results with that. Ill update my progress.

Great forum.

Cheers Hak5 guys ;)