I am a noob

hazcoper

Well myself i use it for a few things;

Show people what happens when you connect to a unsecure network.

Show people what happens when you connect to networks you don't own.

See how many devices around me will auto connect to my pineapple.

blackhat;

preform man in the middle attacks.

spy on users who connect to my pineapple.

The pineapple can be used for alot of things you're mind is the only limit.

My own words on what the pineapple is;

MK5 is a portable Access Point used by pentesters and hackers and others.

Features like Karma fool users devices into thinking that the pineapple is a network they connected to in the past that didn't require a password to access the network ex; Free WiFi

Pineapple has many tools that pentesters and hackers can use such as;

Reaver for cracking networks that have WPS enabled on them

dnsspoof which allows pentesters and hackers to spoof the domain name service so when victims try to access a website like facebook.com they are went to phisher page the pentester or hacker can setup.

urlsnarf which listens for all the urls that are being visited over the pineapple.

tcpdump which captures information being sent over the TCP protocol.

ettercap which is allows you to preform dns spoofing and arp posioning

nmap which allows you to preform scans over the network to see what ports are open on the devices connected to the pineapple.

These are just a few things to name a few that you can install on the pineapple from the pineapple bar which can be accessed by logging into the pineapple after you flash it with the Micro SD card that comes with the pineapple.

Many people are using the pineapple to hack people who connect to although thats not what its ment for that can be done with it.

You buy it you can do what you want with it.

Well i've seen very few videos on YouTube most of the videos on the pineapple are from Mark 4 and the others are like unboxing videos i thought about doing videos on the Mark 5 thats why im asking alot of questions on this forum from people who work the the pineapple so if i find a problem i'll know how to address people in the video.

I'm sure Darren is busy with things myself i got alot of free time on hands that i could put some videos together i explained in
https://youtube.com/watch?v=R8Zh3Fjcakg

Some of the features with the pineapple was just a quick showing of some of the stuff on it not all that indepth

[Edit]: Appears hak5 doesn't have a feature to embed youtube videos :B

Edited by ZaraByte

is there any kind of tutorial, or somethinglike that???

Not really.... what I have seen out there is more "showing" what it does rather than how to do it.

I would strongly suggest you master the basics of linux OS systems. Moving, making, deleting files/folders, compiling code, runnning scripts, pythons, bash, networking, Command line navigation, how to mount drives, ssh, and all that sort of stuff.

why? well once you have a good understanding of linux and how it runs, your adventures with a pineapple will be VERY enjoyable, you will KNOW what to do. All the tutorials out there show you little bits of puzzels on the above knowalge. so when you encounter a new script on this site for example, you will just download it and smash out a quick chmod whatever and you will be awesome!

@cheeto slowing working on bringing some Pineapple videos up right now just getting intel before i start making them thats why im here to ask alot of questions so i can address that in videos.

Plan to do a few videos on the MK5

AWSOME ZARABYTE!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing those videos. I made a video on how to use Reaver (thanks to raz0r for the intel). It's posted in teh pineapple university section.

Up to now, I know how to use Karma+jammar+sslstrip combo and reaver.

It's a slow learning process but the videos would a HUGE PLUS for us Newbies.

Cheers!

Hi guys

Didnt want to open a new thread so might aswel ask in here. Can the mk5 do Qos ?

Like, I'm planning on hooking up a 3g/4g do the mk5 to give internet connectivity, but I want to limit the internet speed and say drop downloads from clients above 10mb, otherwise when I leave the mk5 in someplace to do auditing and I comeback I might have a huge internet bill to pay...

Cheers

Hi guys

Didnt want to open a new thread so might aswel ask in here. Can the mk5 do Qos ?

Like, I'm planning on hooking up a 3g/4g do the mk5 to give internet connectivity, but I want to limit the internet speed and say drop downloads from clients above 10mb, otherwise when I leave the mk5 in someplace to do auditing and I comeback I might have a huge internet bill to pay...

Cheers

Yes it can. I do believe that NoDogSplash captive portal has traffic shaping capabilities and fortunately there is an infusion for nodogsplash called Evil Portal

Hey thats great news.

Basically its to leave it a day or two as an open hotspot collecting data, passwords and most importantly web browsing. Can it resolve names, other than seeing the mac address ? Like joan-pc2 then show his entire web browsing with time/date ?

Thanks !!

I can relate to the noob... I have purchased a pineapple, set it up successfully and fooled around a bit. My problem is that I actually need to do some pen testing for work. My pineapple is up and running... I have karma working. Seeing probes.... How do I setup to demo a MiTM attack to a client? Can't find info or videos to help. Not a programmer or developer. Isn't there anything out there to help?

I am a Network Engineer... hardware guy. Need to demo Network vulnerabilities. Would love to see a step by step quick and dirty video on how to do a MiTM attack using the mark 5 I just purchased. How can I collect a password from a test account my client set up? Would help ALOT of noobs!

Video tutorials would boost pineapple sales surelly

I disagree. I have spent years learning this stuff. the only thing protecting the masses is the fact there is no video tutorials or dirty guides. Keeping the learning curve hard and high prevents anyone with no proffessional ethics from using this knowalge for evil reasons. If you want to know more you will find a way to learn it. Making it easy for everyone would make your security skills worthless. you get me?

Because the PA is based on Kali - I would suggest you start looking at Kali tools and those guides written for Kali linux, then adapt them as most of us do to your PA. the code and principals are the same.

@arcangelny

you need ettrercap & ssl strip install from the pineapple bar, turn them all on and connect to karma network - start surfing then return to your PA and look at results.

I disagree. I have spent years learning this stuff. the only thing protecting the masses is the fact there is no video tutorials or dirty guides. Keeping the learning curve hard and high prevents anyone with no proffessional ethics from using this knowalge for evil reasons. If you want to know more you will find a way to learn it. Making it easy for everyone would make your security skills worthless. you get me?

Because the PA is based on Kali - I would suggest you start looking at Kali tools and those guides written for Kali linux, then adapt them as most of us do to your PA. the code and principals are the same.

@arcangelny

you need ettrercap & ssl strip install from the pineapple bar, turn them all on and connect to karma network - start surfing then return to your PA and look at results.

exacally learning is what its about , this forum has most of the anwsers