Metasploit

raz0r

Is there any way to get Metasploit working on the Pineapple after there major update ??

I have it working on IOS 7 but had to use an old version and cant update it because it breaks, i know it needs dependencies and so on just haven't tried it just yet.

Any one else tried to get this working on the Mark V ??.

Regards

Raz0r

Edited by raz0r

Guest spazi

It's been discussed but I believe the reason why it hasn't been done yet is because the processor is too slow and Metasploit is resource hog.
Simply put, not worth it.
I can probably be done though, just need to compile a couple of dependencies I guess.
I have metasploit running on my nokia n900 which has 700mhz processor, and it takes forever to load, imagine what amount of time it would take on the Mark V considering it only has a 400 mhz processor.

Edited by spazi

Yes I will comfirm the above answer about metasploit being a resource hog.

I have installed Kali on one of my old dell laptops ( doesn't have USB 2, have to use a card to get USB 2), that don't meet the basic sys req of Metasploit.

everthing else on Kali works fine, but when I tried to boot a Metasploit session, it freezes and crashes the system and I have to reboot the laptop.

I wouldn't expect it to function on a pineapple.

The only thing you could do is to route the pineapple traffic thru a laptop that is running a metasploit session, then connect that traffic to the internet from the laptop by either anothe wifi adapter or 3g or adsl.

Edited by Swamppifi

Running Metasploit on the pineapple would be a really bad ideal the good thing is you can always run KaliPwn on a Tablet and just connect to the pineapple over wireless with the tablet and preform all your metasploit attacks from the tablet.

I've been using my Nexus 7 since i got it works good and with the travel bag you can get here you can carry your nexus 7 inside it and also have your mark 5 with it.

Its all good chaps i now have another option :) don't know why i didn't think of it before

https://www.newit.co.uk/shop/All-CuBox/CuBox-Pro

Regards

Raz0r

Why not just get yourself a nexus 7 2013 tablet ? Get them used for about that price on ebay if you don't want it new.

I happen to be in love with my Nexus 7 does all i need it to do fits in the travel bag hak5 sells runs KaliPwn with all the tools Kali Linux has what more could you want :D

Thanks ZaraByte i have a Ipad mini which works well with Metasploit forgot the version but ill let you know !! problem i had was with Ruby Gems when i updated to the new version what i was running think it was version 4.3.2 ill get back to you on that m8.

Hey Darren nice to catch up with you fella yea i could pivot but what about if I'm doing a pentest out and about for a client !! I need power to my pineapple thinking the way forward now is Raspberry PI or a Cube Box and pivot through that i understand that also needs power but i need to know it can run either Kali or Metasploit

Thanks again chaps

Raz0r