Moving into infosec and mainly the pen tester part of the field.

Salt

I am a noob in this field. I have wireshark and kali linux, played around with it a bit but not very familiar with it. I am already in IT and really don't like the whole infrastructure support of networks and systems, its boring. I am looking at getting certs but my questions is I have a white macbook unibody 2010. The specs are below:

intel core 2 due 2.4ghz

8gb ddr3 1067 MHZ

NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Are these specs good enough to run the kali tools on them after I partition my drive to duel boot into kali linux. I am looking at selling it and getting something lighter, thinner but I can't seem to find a decent new-gen laptop that is like a chromebook(which is bad spec wise compared to my specs). I am looking for a thinbook that I can upgrade to 8gb of ram and upgrade to a ssd or bigger ssd(not a deal breaker for me) but the gpu and processor have to be good enough for me to be mobile to break networks(pentester).

reason being...

I had a friend a while back who had a laptop but he was looking to be a tester as well but was asking if anyone had a laptop or computer to run the program because his computer was going to take days to process the information to break the wpa2 password.

any words or point in the right direction would be great. I've googled around a bit already.

thanks everyone

PS any other legit forums to join the community for hacking/cracking in general, I am looking to learn as much as possible. I am going into pentesting and this is all for ethical purpose for a job in the field. Thanks everyone again.

Edited by Salt

run pyrit benchmark after installing proper drivers. You have a mobile gpu cracker... learn some pyrit wpa cracking...

my geforce 560m can do 14000 passwords per second

And once precomputed like 2 million psk

sql injection is what's hot... learn it... learn the scanners and manual attacks...

Perl python ruby... pick one and do some basic socket application

run pyrit benchmark after installing proper drivers. You have a mobile gpu cracker... learn some pyrit wpa cracking...

my geforce 560m can do 14000 passwords per second

And once precomputed like 2 million psk

sql injection is what's hot... learn it... learn the scanners and manual attacks...

Perl python ruby... pick one and do some basic socket application

Thank you ill start my googling, reading and practicing. what do you think about my laptop?