Pineapple and Anker External Batteries

When I bought my WiFi Pineapple, I also bought an Anker Astro E4 from Amazon (mainly because it has the two USB ports and can charge my iPad). However, after a few months I found that it holds next to no charge at all. Thankfully Anker sent me a replacement no problem, which I received today.

As far as I know, variable power consumption shouldn't impact on battery life or efficiency, but I know I'll feel like a fool if start using the new battery with the pineapple and the same thing happens again. I'm 99% sure that I just got a dud battery the first time around, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any experience with Anker batteries or can give any input.

As I said, I'm just making doubly sure I don't screw up another battery (if it was my fault in the first place!)

If the Pineapple eats the battery, I think it's fair to say you have a broken Pineapple.

Variable power consumption doesn't bother any battery I've heard of (well, not ones consumers can actually purchase) and the only thing I know will mess up the charge of a battery is to completely drain it or to never go under, say, 90% capacity before recharging already. Oh, and overcharging but the charger should have circuitry to prevent that.

No worries brother, you got a bad battery.

I've been using Ankers for years with my pineapples, all the way back to the MKIII. I currently have 3 of the variable output models (has a 9v and 12v barrel output and 2 5v usb outputs) and use them with my MKVs.

I love my Anker batteries, own 5 of them, and they are all running as strong as when I purchased them, some years ago, so fear not, they pair great with our favorite fruit and a side of fava beans. :)

When I bought my WiFi Pineapple, I also bought an Anker Astro E4 from Amazon (mainly because it has the two USB ports and can charge my iPad). However, after a few months I found that it holds next to no charge at all. Thankfully Anker sent me a replacement no problem, which I received today.

As far as I know, variable power consumption shouldn't impact on battery life or efficiency, but I know I'll feel like a fool if start using the new battery with the pineapple and the same thing happens again. I'm 99% sure that I just got a dud battery the first time around, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any experience with Anker batteries or can give any input.

As I said, I'm just making doubly sure I don't screw up another battery (if it was my fault in the first place!)

No worries brother, you got a bad battery.

I've been using Ankers for years with my pineapples, all the way back to the MKIII. I currently have 3 of the variable output models (has a 9v and 12v barrel output and 2 5v usb outputs) and use them with my MKVs.

I love my Anker batteries, own 5 of them, and they are all running as strong as when I purchased them, some years ago, so fear not, they pair great with our favorite fruit and a side of fava beans. :)

Great! I was pretty sure that variable consumption wouldn't affect the battery, but just wanted to double check! Thanks very much!

I currently have 3 of the variable output models (has a 9v and 12v barrel output and 2 5v usb outputs) and use them with my MKVs.

Can I ask which model you have, with the 9/12v barrel outputs? The only ones I can find are USB, which at 5v would presumably be useless for the Pineapple. Thanks!

Well, I use the Astro E4, which outputs 5V, but has a 2A USB aswell as the 1A one. 10W seems to power the pineapple just fine for everything I've been doing.

Remember, its all done to wattage, not just voltage. (Watts = Volts x Current in case you were unsure).

Can I ask which model you have, with the 9/12v barrel outputs? The only ones I can find are USB, which at 5v would presumably be useless for the Pineapple. Thanks!

No worries! I could go look it up, but I think it was the Astro E3 with 9/12v output. Unfortunately Amazon doesn't have it anymore and Anker I believe discod it and rebranded the last of that model to dump the last of em.

Anker has the Gen2 version of these which are 20000mAh as opposed to 14000 which I think these are, but the gen2's are huge and not practical imho.

I did, however, find what will be functionally a perfect replacement though, and its 15000mAh too!

http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower%C2%AE-15000mAh-Portable-External-Battery/dp/B00DVB7F0S

It's $59 and aside from some aesthetics, provides exactly what my 3 do. The barrel cable for the 9v/12v is perfect, and goes straight into the fruit and battery with no attachments needed.

I use these batteries for all sorts of things, the selectable 9/12output plus 2 USB outs make it a winner. I'm able to use it to charge my Pax on the fly, but that's another story. :) Point is it comes with about any attachment you could want, is about the same size as the MKV. Pair it with a miniVHS case for like $7 on Amazon, and you have a compact nice deployment and storage case for a barebones MKV deploy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002DUEBIC

Amazon is out of the cases but another seller there has em for 3.99 and free shipping.

Good luck brother!

Edited by hfam