Lik-Sang.com Out Of Business

moonlit

http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Sony finally gave the death blow. LikSang.com will no longer be trading as a result of a lawsuit bought by Sony Computer Entertainment.

A Sony spokesperson declined to comment directly on the lawsuit against Lik-Sang, but recently went on to tell Gamesindustry.biz that "ultimately, we're trying to protect consumers from being sold hardware that does not conform to strict EU or UK consumer safety standards, due to voltage supply differences et cetera; is not - in PS3's case - backwards compatible with either PS1 or PS2 software; will not play European Blu-Ray movies or DVDs; and will not be covered by warranty".

Sony... FUCKING Sony...

How the hell do you sue a company for what looks to me like nothing more than grey imports? The only reason this business model existed is because they (Sony) created the problem in the first place by not releasing that fucking PS3, that some misinformed soul apparently still wants to sell his firstborn for, over here in Europe for another 6 months or so.

A friend of mine actually placed a pre-order, complete with downpayment, on the day it was announced the European release date had slipped to march. Went all the way to may since IIRC.

But that's his mistake / problem.

No, the main thing that pisses me off about this was the understanding at least with me that Lik-Sang supported a lot of gaming sites and events with targeted ads. And they actually produced / provided products people wanted to buy.

Fuck Sony. I hope that PS3 will blow goatnuts.

Yeah, I'm not gonna spew all of the "b0yK0t $0nY" crap like everyone else does because we all know that most people within weeks of saying that will either buy or consider buying a Sony product again but I do disagree with what Sony have been up to lately.

I can't understand how they've managed to get away with all the shit they've pulled over the last year or two and they deserve to get their asses kicked.

I really really hope MS pull out their old-school cut throat stuff on Sony like they did in the olden days, Sony don't deserve to succeed in any market now, especially music, games and computing.

Lik-Sang didn't even nearly deserve this, they didn't do anything wrong and they've been faithfully providing customers with rare, old, unusual and import gear for ages now and they deserve to be able to continue.

Mezmac

As it has been said a lot of times before the show is trying to get closer and closer to being legit. Sponsors look at these forums and they see these post I think we should really try to clean up our language a little. Thank You

Mezmac

As it has been said a lot of times before the show is trying to get closer and closer to being legit. Sponsors look at these forums and they see these post I think we should really try to clean up our language a little. Thank You

Perhaps we don't need to swear as much but we're a bunch of geeks, even perhaps 'hackers' in the eyes of some, I think we're allowed a quota of 'dirty' words...

I'm happy that the show is going a bit straight and the guys aren't drinking in shot and stuff, it's great that they're able to be shown in schools and such but this is a forum, we don't need people telling us what to say here.

To be quite honest, the day we have rules about swearing in the forums is the day I'll delete my accounts, all my admin rights and stop watching the show. I'm sick of moaning idiots who think there own personal hangups about certain words are morally right. There is more to life than making everything into a family friendly blandfest.

goddamn u sony

What is offensive about this? Anything?

To be quite honest, the day we have rules about swearing in the forums is the day I'll delete my accounts, all my admin rights and stop watching the show. I'm sick of moaning idiots who think there own personal hangups about certain words are morally right. There is more to life than making everything into a family friendly blandfest.
goddamn u sony

What is offensive about this? Anything?

Ditto, if we ever have to conform to a set of rules about 'foul' language I will disappear quicker than you can say 'fuck'.

In this thread I counted:

fuck 3

piss 2

crap 1

shit 1

Now, I should hope we can all cope with this language, how many times have you heard these words in movies? In RL? I rest my case.

As I said I don't mind that the show's got a bit cleaner on account of the possible audience but here is where we can let it all out. People can watch the show without being offended and coming here is optional. If you want uncouth behaviour or bad language be sure to visit the IRC channel.

I agree with Moonlit and VaKo... "Foul" language should be self monitored; no rules per se because its a personal preference. The reality is, as moonlit and Vako pointed out, is that in movies, music and everyday life you hear a lot worse. If people get offended, in my opinon, need not to hang around. not only that but so many people come from different parts of the world and find some words offensive, whereas other do not.

I'll bite my tongue (read fingers) and not say much more on this at this time (so I don't feed the n00bs/trolls).

oh and to bring it back on topic:

It does suck that large companies like Sony can knock out the little guys like that. Too frucking bad it had to happen.

I wasn't trying to tell people to stop it was just it seems every other post I read from him is like god damn this or fuck that. He always seems to have a negative attitude just my impression I guess. I am the worst when it comes to swear hell I am a sailor its like my 1st language.

Nevermind just me looking at it the wrong way I guess LOL 8)

I just wondered why "god damn" is considered swearing, even in junior school the teachers used it. It doesn't even register on the swear words scale in the UK. Plus, I'd like to point out that I probably have the highest curse word count on the forums.

I just wondered why "god damn" is considered swearing, even in junior school the teachers used it. It doesn't even register on the swear words scale in the UK. Plus, I'd like to point out that I probably have the highest curse word count on the forums.

I'm 100% behind you VaKo words only have the strength you give them. And god damn is considered 'foul' becasue of the the word GOD in god damn. it offends people who fear "god" ie catholics and christians

• 3 weeks later...