I need help

Painkiller667

i wasnt sure of whether the files were supposed to be FILE.LOG or just FILE so i took out SAM, SAM.LOG, SYSTEM, SYSTEM.LOG, and SYSTEM.sav. Therefore, all of these files were missing. AS i understand NOW, only if i took out the SAM and SYSTEM files would the password be reset, but since i took the others out as well, it is broken now.

Phase 2:

You left your computer around your mates house (not at your school), and his older brother + mates came home drunk. One of them put something called "elbunto lineux" on it as a joke and could couldn't get at your files. (This is important, if you report it, you need to make damn sure that the only thing you seem bothered about is getting your school work back off of it. Get panicy about it, keep asking if your files are gone for good). Then you found out that if you took the CD out it wouldn't play elbunto anymore, but kept asking about missing files. If they ask about the SAM files, just say that you don't know who Sam is or why he would have his files on your computer. Download and burn ubuntu onto a blank cd, and give it to them asking if its a spyware and if its broken your files.

Remeber when your lieing, just keep it simple, don't go into detail, don't claim you tried to fix it, don't explain anything as you don't know anything, keep going on about your lost files. If they ask who did it say you don't know who. Pay off the right people. Play dumb and act scared that your files are gone and you think you will fail the year.

You could try installing windows on it again, and asking if they could help you set it up again. But they might take this a dodgey given your suposition that your a moron when it comes to computers.

umm school computer i would say go for the act dumb routine, when i wrecked my sisters computer i tried doing pretty much anything as i knew if i had to format it she would just be pissed off at me for a while not get suspended or kicked out of school.

It was a while ago when i did this. i remember i started the recovery console and typed everyting in Option 1:

Attrib -H -R -S C:Boot.ini

DEL C:Boot.ini

BootCfg /Rebuild

Fixboot

from kelly site and then it asked me for a new name. i didnt know what to put there so i put a period. reboot pc and i saw windows home edition and a period below it. i selected the period and it loaded into windows. then i went into control panel-> system->advanced->startup and recovery and and edit boot.ini, deleted the windows xp home edition and renamed the period for windows xp home edition and saved and reboot and it works fine.

what possibility would you say, would there be of the computer replacing all the deleted files (5 files) in the config folder as it says, upon startup and after recovering the boot.ini file, of it actually working again. in other words, as soon as it saw the missing files, the windows automatically replaced them and put blank passes on the accounts and the only thing that messed up is the boot.ini which is fixable through kellys option 1. what possibility is there of that happening

well all that happend to me was i was trying to install XP on a different partion and yada yada i lost power and the laptop shut off while installing. reboot and i get the message missing hal.dll. as soon as i saw that i didnt touch another thing and hit google for a fix.

sounds like you have lost more so might take some more work to fix. but to be honest this sound like the only fix left is a good old format of the drive which is probably not what you want to hear

what possibility would you say, would there be of the computer replacing all the deleted files (5 files) in the config folder as it says, upon startup and after recovering the boot.ini file, of it actually working again. in other words, as soon as it saw the missing files, the windows automatically replaced them and put blank passes on the accounts and the only thing that messed up is the boot.ini which is fixable through kellys option 1. what possibility is there of that happening

You managed to delete all the accounts, part of the registry and some other random files. I know what you want to hear, but:

Its fucked mate.