Hey guys,

I have been working on a presentation over web security and awareness, and one of the things i was going to do was create a captive portal at the conference venue that people would just log into without clearing that it is safe or not. My issue is for some reason my pineapple refuses to install the dependencies from the web portal. I have tried checking for updates (im on 1.4) I have tried flashing, I have trie just about everything. Can someone possibly give me a hint as to what I could try? I'm running on windows, with winSCP and PuTTY. I would love some advice.

Have you verified an internet connection on the pineapple?

What web browser are you using?

If you have ssh access into the pineapple go ahead and ssh in and run the following commands

opkg update
opkg install nodogsplash kmod-sched

Have you verified an internet connection on the pineapple?

What web browser are you using?

If you have ssh access into the pineapple go ahead and ssh in and run the following commands

opkg update
opkg install nodogsplash kmod-sched

YES! you are awesome, that did the trick. I have to say, this implementation of NDS is so much fun. I will share a template for the splash page that I had created.

So it looks like you guys made some updates since the last time a tried using this. I have a form submit button set to href="$authtarget" however it does not seem to redirect to the original website. If there a setting I am not enabling in the config file that authorizes the users? Also doesnt seem to work on iOs devices since they get the portal page once they connect.

Nodogsplash is not developed by me or any of the pineapple devs. Evil Portal is just a front end for it on the pineapple. But yes it does appear to have been updated recently.. I will try to replicate your issues and get back to you. Also please post further things in the evil portal infusion thread