First boot setup

cheeto

Hi guys,

I finally got my hands on my Mk5.

Prior to receiving it, I had been doing a lot of reading on the forum.

Although I have not turned it on yet, I took the advice of several users on this forum and went out and bought a class 10 SD card.

Doubt :

I downloaded the 1.3 firmware but it is only composed of 1 file whereas the stock firmware that was included in the original firmware has 2 files.

Should I copy the stock firmware onto my new SD card and later update from the pineapple menu?

Or can I just copy the 1.3 firmware to my new class 10 SD and update upon my first boot. As a side note, I formated my new SD card with my pc in fat32 mode.

Doubt:

Will it be necessary to connect my mk5 to my pc's ethernet or can I connect to my router?

Sorry for these questions but I know that the initial boot is critical.

Thanks guys!,

Cheeto

Hi Cheeto,

To make it simple, please use the SD card we shipped with the WiFi Pineapple MKV and follow the first boot instructions.

After you have completed the initial setup, you may insert the new class 10 SD card. You can also look for a firmware upgrade using our webinterface.

Should you not be able to complete the first boot because the amber LED on the WiFi Pineapple MKV keeps blinking, please follow our "Unbricking a bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV" instructions.

In regards to your second question, for the first boot you may connect to the WiFi Pineapple via ethernet or WiFi. You cannot connect it to your home router at first. We do recommend ethernet.

After the initial setup, you can set up WiFi Clientmode to your router and access it over the IP it receives from that.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks Seb!

Unfortunately my Mk5 is bricked. :(

It's been plugged in for over 25 min and all I see are the following lights:

GREEN

PURPLE

RED.

There is absolutely no blinking whatsoever.

Can i assume that it is bricked?

Regarding the unbricking file "Factory 1.2.0.bin.

It does not contain a mdk file.

Can i just dump that on my class 10 sd card? (and of course, follow the instructions from there?

thanks guys

Thanks Seb!

Unfortunately my Mk5 is bricked. :(

It's been plugged in for over 25 min and all I see are the following lights:

GREEN

PURPLE

RED.

There is absolutely no blinking whatsoever.

Can i assume that it is bricked?

Regarding the unbricking file "Factory 1.2.0.bin.

It does not contain a mdk file.

Can i just dump that on my class 10 sd card? (and of course, follow the instructions from there?

thanks guys

That's not good.

Please make sure all DIP switches are in the UP position. If they were not, reboot with them all in the UP position.

If the above is not the case, please follow our unbricking instructions exactly. You do not require an md5 file (though we give you the md5 in the instructions). You do not need to place that file onto the SD card either.

Make sure to read all the instructions first.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks for getting back to me Seb.

I let the Mk5 sit there for about an hour and nothing was happening.

So I unplugged it and tried it again and it WORKED.

THANKS!!!

One last thing, I rebooted and inserted my new class 10 sd card. (formatted in fat 32)

I successfully connected via wifi and tried to perform a firmware update (over the air).

The problem is that it keeps disconnecting.

Do you recommend that i do this with ethernet?

Cheers,

cheeto