Faking Pineapple connection

siftyy

I would like to apologize for my spam of topics, but I need some more help. When trying to auto connect to the pineapples network it automatically reconnects me to a network with a real connection because the pineapple doesn't have an internet connection. Is there a way to either stop android from reconnecting me or to "fake" a real connection? Preferable the latter but I can deal with either.

I would like to apologize for my spam of topics, but I need some more help. When trying to auto connect to the pineapples network it automatically reconnects me to a network with a real connection because the pineapple doesn't have an internet connection. Is there a way to either stop android from reconnecting me or to "fake" a real connection? Preferable the latter but I can deal with either.

Faking is a bit difficult (but possible). If you want to disable this behavior, simply go into your phone's WiFi settings and find the advanced menu. There, uncheck the box called "avoid poor connections".

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Faking is a bit difficult (but possible). If you want to disable this behavior, simply go into your phone's WiFi settings and find the advanced menu. There, uncheck the box called "avoid poor connections".

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks for the reply and this setting definitely helped but I have 2 or 3 routers at my desk causing it to not always work.

An unrelated question: Is there a way to hid your pineapples AP ssid?

Thanks for the reply and this setting definitely helped but I have 2 or 3 routers at my desk causing it to not always work.

An unrelated question: Is there a way to hid your pineapples AP ssid?

Yes, you can choose not to broadcast the SSID.

Yes, you can choose not to broadcast the SSID.

Could you explain how? The AP settings are very basic; only having a few options like changing the ssid. Edited by siftyy

Could you explain how? The AP settings are very basic; only having a few options like changing the ssid.

The WiFi Manager infusion should be able to help by providing additional options to manage WiFi (choose to broadcast or hide SSID, AP or client, etc). Once you have the infusion installed, it should show up as a tile on the WiFi Pineapple management page.