Input, Tips, Ideas for my project

alright I decided to go a different direction with my mobile Mark V-Raspberry Pi setup. I was hoping to get some input, tips, and ideas for this project...

After thinking long and hard about how I wanted to do this I realized I have plenty of unused space in my truck.

I went to my local lowe's and found a 12" x 8" x 4" electrical enclosure that fits perfectly behind/under my back seat and I've pretty much decided that

i want my setup hidden from prying eyes so i want to mount the 9" TFT lcd display to the inside of the lid for the arm rest/compartment in my front seat.

( possibly on a pull out adjustable mounting system so i can comfortably sit in the driver seat and have the monitor in line of sight )

All wires will be hidden under the carpet and tucked behind molding to try and camouflage the rig.

i ordered 6 of the battery packs below and i ordered the elite pineapple bundle for the 74 hour battery. ordered a UPis Advanced - Uninterrupted Power Intelligent Supply to be able to switch between cig lighter power and the battery packs when truck is turned off ( plus its suppose to recharge the batteries while the truck is running seemed like it would work good for this plan.

the wireless keyboard fits in the armrest/compartment along with the display. the battery packs are Dodocool power bank 12000mAh

anyways feel free to put your 2 cents in on this project thanks

Edited by OpCode90

Well the way I'm thinking of setting it up the wires that are hidden will stay there. I can just unhook the leads and take the enclosure under the back seat out and the display won't be bolted in I can use industrial Velcro strips and attach it to a plexiglass panel that's bolted to the mount. So it would still be easily removed

Edited by OpCode90

• 3 weeks later...

Figured ild post an update on my project. I've got everything pretty much ready. The raspberry pi is setup with a 16gb sd card and kali linux is running from my 1tb usb hard drive ( just finished installing the metasploit-framework and all of the missing software back into kali ) oh and of course you see my alfa wifi adapter I still need to shorten some of the cables and get a different case for the RPi. I fixed the /boot/config.txt issue and over-clocked my RPi , adjusted the memory split, & created a 15gb swap partition with the renaming sd card. Anyone have any ideas on how to setup the pineapple to upload logs to my private FTP server?

Figured ild post an update on my project. I've got everything pretty much ready. The raspberry pi is setup with a 16gb sd card and kali linux is running from my 1tb usb hard drive ( just finished installing the metasploit-framework and all of the missing software back into kali ) oh and of course you see my alfa wifi adapter I still need to shorten some of the cables and get a different case for the RPi. I fixed the /boot/config.txt issue and over-clocked my RPi , adjusted the memory split, & created a 15gb swap partition with the renaming sd card. Anyone have any ideas on how to setup the pineapple to upload logs to my private FTP server?

post-47438-0-21059200-1401028733_thumb.j

Edited by OpCode90

I plan on getting a couple more RPi's and setting up a cluster for more ram. Although everything seems to run really well surprisingly I don't see what everyone talks about when they say the RPi is slow. It loads webpages in about 2 mins (which even though that's slower than my internet at home is now, I had dial up growing up so it doesn't bother me any) the only hiccup is the lack of being able to watch youtube videos on iceweasel.as far as plans it's just going to be my truck computer system (Mobile Kali-Pineapple-Pi)

I'll just leave this here, maybe you can get some ideas or inspiration from it. I call it the Rassple Pi, but I never made a thread about it. (I did put it in the gallery thread that got buried)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jr62ncj4u54sr06/AACPcQplq0QYg5WTFRWDRvnsa

Nice! How did it cope with the heat from the pineapple? Mine gets kinda warm when I use it and yours doesn't seem to have a way of dissipating that heat.

What were those copper things in the bags on the first pic? I understand the pigtails, but don't know what use those things could have...

Yea I added a copper heatsink kit and a .5A cooling fan along with the X100 expansion board which was a life saver in the end. Allows me to hook up a 23 volt laptop power cord and regulates power to the RPi along with 3 powered usb slots and an extra sd card slot. Oh and with the expansion board I can't use the top of the Pi's case so that helps with heat a little I believe

Edited by OpCode90

Nice! How did it cope with the heat from the pineapple? Mine gets kinda warm when I use it and yours doesn't seem to have a way of dissipating that heat.

What were those copper things in the bags on the first pic? I understand the pigtails, but don't know what use those things could have...

The copper pieces were the adapters for the two antennas. SMA to RP-SMA. As for the heat, it was a concern but I just decided to give it a whirl and see what happens. Nothing so far. The Pi gets far hotter than the Pineapple. (its booting Kali from the USB drive) I intended to measure the temp inside the case, just haven't gotten around to it. The battery runs the whole mess for about 12-14hrs, I've never had any issues due to heat. (maybe degraded battery life due to more current draw?)