Devices built in Apps Manipulation

All hand devices now have Apps such as Facebook and Twitter built into the OS. Which obviously is no fun. Is there a way to manipulate these apps? Adding/removing pictures, remarks, status etc.

Cheers

Android APP can easily be decompiled, modified and recompiled, although it wont be seen as a trusted app but you can disable the trusted app check, not sure about the other platform... not an iFan and I ditched blackberry before the APP revolution...

For android, you need those tools:

- apktool

- dex2jar

- jd-gui

You will find the instruction as you search for those term...

You can also interact with most APP from your own APP, in android each screen is called an activity, you can call other app activity from your app and get them to return you some data but as for modifying existing app you can also override their code base too by creating an @override class of the same name as the class of the APP you want to modify... check the tutorial on android, not that hard and really worthwile today...https://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/index.html?hl=it

I guess other platform are similar since they all use Java but I never needed to work on these yet.

I believe they are all encrypted. :(

One of the tool I mentionned decrypt the .jar

.APK =>APKTool => DEX2JAR => jd_gui(JAR Decrypt) => SRC

I've done it a few time, at first I was frustrated the .xml file in the src tree would not decrypt but In was doing it wrong ;)

One of the tool I mentionned decrypt the .jar

.APK =>APKTool => DEX2JAR => jd_gui(JAR Decrypt) => SRC

I've done it a few time, at first I was frustrated the .xml file in the src tree would not decrypt but In was doing it wrong ;)

I meant the connections within the Facebook app itself uses HTTPS, not HTTP.