Can I configure to connect to a wlan with web authorisation?

nabs

Ok here's my problem:

There are a lot of wifi hotspots around that aren't pasword protected. So you can just connect to them and there's no need for a pasword. But to use them you need to log in on a website. This means that if I want to set up a "free wifi" and give my clients internet access I need to be able to let the pineapple log into the hotspot.

Is that possible?

I know clients could get on the internet if they would enter the log in with the splash screen themself and trafic would go through the pineapple but that's not what I want. I want people not to see the splash screen.

Thx

Thx for the fast reply. I understand what you mean but this would only work if you stay with the same AP.

For example. I configure my pineapple for the provider's hotspots. I can connect to it at home but when I go out and take the pineapple with me the pineapple will connect somewhere else to the same hotspot as the ssid is the same but as it is a fysical other AP it wouldn't have internet access. So it would require a manual intervention.

On my smartphone I have an app that automaticly log's me in to the homespot when one is available. It enters my login and pass and I don't get the splashscreen.

Yes, that's how it works... You'll need to manually intervene to get through the splash screen of any hotspot. Which brings up another interesting concept I like to call "HotSpot Piggyback". I'll do another post to explain the difference.

thesugarat, if I recall correctly your solution entails mac address spoofing. Can you tell me the preferred method for mac spoofing on the pineapple? I vaguely recall in a prior posting that someone had offered one method, only to be told by sebkinne that perhaps their method wasn't the best. In any case, I remember neither method; though I know mac address spoofing is very basic, I would greatly appreciate a quick walk-through of the commands to be used.

Actually what I was talking about does not need a spoofed MAC address. I believe most people use machanger on the pineapple. I know it can be random or you can specify the MAC you want. I don't have the commands in my head as I don't use it. So I'd try the search function.