HAK5 downtime

pabo2uk

So as we all know the HAK5 services have recently been down due to unforeseen circumstances. During the same time my MKV was unable to get any kind of internet connection either through ICS or client mode.

We have just been given the green light by Sebkinne to say everything is back up. So then I was able to get an internet connection on my MKV.

My question is - are the 2 related, if so how. Just interested in how this works....

Thanks

Just what I thought, must be a weird but strange coincidence!?

The ICS was already setup so I know I didn't change anything, but when I went to check the public IP it would just say 'Loading...' but not do anything. Exactly same with Client Mode. Nothing, no internet! But as soon as the HAK5 services came up.... I had an internet connection.

WEIRD!

Just what I thought, must be a weird but strange coincidence!?

The ICS was already setup so I know I didn't change anything, but when I went to check the public IP it would just say 'Loading...' but not do anything. Exactly same with Client Mode. Nothing, no internet! But as soon as the HAK5 services came up.... I had an internet connection.

WEIRD!

We use our servers for the external IP: http://wifipineapple.com/ip.php

But even though the webinterface says you are offline, you of course aren't actually offline.

Best regards,

Sebkinne