[Support] Pineapple Stats

Whistle Master

Pineapple Stats v1.0 is out :smile:

Description: Passive WiFi network scanner with web based dashboard.

Installation

1. Install infusion on Pineapple

2. Go to Help tab and download pineapplestats.tar.gz

3. Extract the archive on your remote server

e.g. https://YOURDOMAIN/pineapplestats/

4. Use phpMyAdmin to import DB schema pineapplestats.sql

5. Go to https://YOURDOMAIN/pineapplestats/

6. Enter DB configuration settings and admin user informations.

7. Make sur you can connect to the Dashboard.

8. On the infusion, go to Configuration tab and enter:

• Remote Server
  • Pineapple Name
  • Pineapple Latitude
  • Pineapple Longitude

9. Test that remote server is OK

10. Click on Add Token and make sure you get response done

11. Save configuration.

12. Install Watchdog.

13. Start Daemon.

Edited by Whistle Master

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I *think* this infusion may have led my pineapple to a constant boot loop. You can't do anything. It just cycles a reboot. No web interface or SSH access could really happen before it reboots again. It had to do with adding Watchdog to cron. I'm not sure if this is really the case, but my pineapple was working perfectly before this and since that job was set to run every minute, it may be causing this issue.

Edited by DrDinosaur

i am stuck at the install php, after entering my info i get to login and wrong login

i chmod 777 -R /pineapplestats to be sure it wasent permissions

edit after going thru and reinstalling server stuck at same place wrong login ? what am i doing wrong

currently using a netbook maby a pi web server later

Edited by m40295

I *think* this infusion may have led my pineapple to a constant boot loop. You can't do anything. It just cycles a reboot. No web interface or SSH access could really happen before it reboots again. It had to do with adding Watchdog to cron. I'm not sure if this is really the case, but my pineapple was working perfectly before this and since that job was set to run every minute, it may be causing this issue.

Happened to me, also, I had to unbrick (soft brick) and manual upgrade my mark v twice........I'm not sure what part of the infusion caused it.

Having a slight problem with that pineapple anyway, so I didn't post about it. I just thought maybe it was just me.

Thanks for your feedback !

I have a check in the watchdog to make sure the pineapple has internet access, if not, it will try to restart the pineapple. If your pineapple does not have internet access at the installation of the cron, this may be the problem causing the boot loop. You can disable it in the options.

Edited by Whistle Master

• 2 weeks later...

I know most of you here are very happy with setting these infusions up its easy point click go, but nothing really comes with instructions as to get it to work properly, I'm not to bad with the command line as been doing it one or two years but it would be good to see a setup video, as i have run into a few problems setting up one or two, pinneapplestatus was fun then i had to go through sql commands easy when you know how, just took me a bit to get my head round it again, know what ya gonna say how hard is it to create a DB create a user and insert the sql commands and give permissions how hard can it be, the information needs to be stored somewhere!!

Not bitching lads just be great to come with some instructions.

Keep up the great work chaps. :)

Regards

Raz0r

Lol the only thing that has me confused with the new mark 5 is which interface to use when using urlsnif and cookie trap way to many interfaces to choice from but i assume it would have to be like wlan1 i guess some reason it picks the loopback device or br-lan by its self.

As already said, I have a check in the watchdog to make sure the pineapple has internet access, if not, it will try to restart the pineapple. If your pineapple does not have internet access at the installation of the cron, this may be the problem causing the boot loop. You can disable it in the options.

And, for the moment, there is no support for GPS, you have to setup up your pineapple coordinates yourself in the infusion GUI.

Edited by Whistle Master

• 1 month later...

Download for the pineapplestats.tar when clicked on opens the tar ball up showing jibberish i think you might have left out target="_blank"> in the code for that download or something else is up.

I'll have to do a video showing people how to download it from WinSCP till you fix this.