[Infusion idea] WiFi Pineapple iOS App - Thoughts?

To cover costs of having it in the app store he wont be making a profit like he said earlier at .99 cents it would take over 145 sales to make a profit if he did ads he would make more money than selling it for .99 cents most likely

I would buy it......... $0.99 isn't $39.99. I would pay $4.99 if it's a good app.

For anyone that doesn't use cc online.........there is always iTunes gift cards.

For someone to say your going to get rich is ridiculous,

I hope you at least make it compatible with 5.1.2 please, so I can use it on an old iPad 1.

Features: Anything and everything you can throw at it.

Server based?: Will the server always be around.........even if you only sell 12 apps?

Glad to see this comining, and looking forward to see what Sebkinne has in store for the UI on mobile devices.

Yes, it will be compatible with iOS 5.

The server will always be up - I have a strange addiction to hosting servers. :P

To me it seems wrong to pay for an app that a) doesn't do anything more than the web UI (afaik), and in the future as the UI is updated to do more the app will fall behind, and b) It should be free because we are all the community, I know you're saying you're not trying to just get money, but from the first post it seems like you are.

Just my two cents.

a) Read the bottom of my post. I say why it is better than the UI. Plus, I can update the app to keep it ahead of the UI.

b) I'm not trying to get money. There is a developer fee. PLEASE read before posting. I mention this several times.

I know only jailbroken iPhones can use Cydia and you don't need to host it, because there are already well known and even included repos such as ModMyI.

I've read what you've posted fyi and i'm well aware that a developer fee exists. XCode is free however, and I don't see why you would pay 99$ to make a pineapple app. My understanding is you only need the developer program to release to the app store, which I'd figure anyone willing to mess about with a pineapple can follow a 5 min guide on jailbreaking with Redsnow or any other program.

So why exactly do you need to pay the developer fee?

I know only jailbroken iPhones can use Cydia and you don't need to host it, because there are already well known and even included repos such as ModMyI.

I've read what you've posted fyi and i'm well aware that a developer fee exists. XCode is free however, and I don't see why you would pay 99$ to make a pineapple app. My understanding is you only need the developer program to release to the app store, which I'd figure anyone willing to mess about with a pineapple can follow a 5 min guide on jailbreaking with Redsnow or any other program.

So why exactly do you need to pay the developer fee?

I am well aware that jailbreaking is easy, but many people worry about breaking their device. It also voids their warranty.

Aye, I can see the difficulty in following one of the many unbricking guides.

It is practically impossible to brick. And if you ever need to service it, You can use the expert shift+click in iTunes and restore the firmware.

:o

Edited by Foxtrot

Aye, I can see the difficulty in following one of the many unbricking guides.

It is practically impossible to brick. And if you ever need to service it, You can use the expert shift+click in iTunes and restore the firmware.

:o

Yes, I am aware it is practically impossible to brick, however, some people feel they can never be too careful.

From what I am gathering it will be free in cydia and will be .99 cents in the App Store and the code will be available for download so if you want to get it for free you will be able to its just that it will be .99 cents in the App Store

From what I am gathering it will be free in cydia and will be .99 cents in the App Store and the code will be available for download so if you want to get it for free you will be able to its just that it will be .99 cents in the App Store

The vote is free on cydia, free with ads, or $0.99. The code may be available for download, but it's useless without a developer account or a jailbreak.

Ok, how about free with ads, for anyone that doesn't want ads......in app purchase to remove ads.

With all due respect Foxtrot........I see a win win being in the app store......people see the app.....read about the mark v....

Hakshop sells more pineapples.

It basically is free advertisement to people on iOS, for the hakshop.

Edited by xrad

I doubt that unless it gets to top 10 anybody will notice it, we are a big community, but we arn't 30k downloads big, not imo anyway.

I agree with that, not in the top ten......but if other people search the app store like I do, now I can't speak for anyone else........but sometimes I get bored and type in stuff like "wifi" and "hack" in search in the app store.

Also I would say sites like iphonehacks might run an article on the app and the pineapple, if you talked to Cody and asked him.

He is a nice guy, and always needs more articles.

* I'm not really trying to argue, just thinking out loud.

Edited by xrad