karma intelligence report

dustbyter

Karma seems to be acting up.

In the log we can see that a device sucessfully associated, but in the intelligence tab, the information such as IP address in not displayed.

Karma log contents

Apr 23 12:50:04 KARMA: Successful association of 78:ca:39:b1:83:5F
Apr 23 12:50:04 KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through Luxor
Apr 23 12:50:01 KARMA: Probe Request from 78:ca:39:b1:83:5F for SSID 'Luxor'
Apr 23 12:50:01 KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through Luxor

Data on intelligence tab

Karma Intelligence Report

HW Address

IP Address

hostname

SSID

Additionally, i checked the /tmp/dhcp.leases file and it is blank. I expected to see something there.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Karma seems to be acting up.

In the log we can see that a device sucessfully associated, but in the intelligence tab, the information such as IP address in not displayed.

Karma log contents

Apr 23 12:50:04 KARMA: Successful association of 78:ca:39:b1:83:5F
Apr 23 12:50:04 KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through Luxor
Apr 23 12:50:01 KARMA: Probe Request from 78:ca:39:b1:83:5F for SSID 'Luxor'
Apr 23 12:50:01 KARMA: Checking SSID for start of association, pass through Luxor

Data on intelligence tab

Karma Intelligence Report

HW Address

IP Address

hostname

SSID

Additionally, i checked the /tmp/dhcp.leases file and it is blank. I expected to see something there.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Did you update karma? Newest was released yesterday. Before that I was having similar issues.

I am actually using an older version of the karma tile and im atleast seeing things in my dhcp, which to me either means that his clients arnt actually connected or there is another issue.

I also saw DHCP, it was just the intelligence report for me.....similar to above

Mine is the latest and greatest version. I have not yet rebooted the MKV. Does it require it?

EDIT:

Still the same behavior.

My configuration is:

Firmware: 1.3.0

<?php
#########################
#    User Variables     #
#   Please edit these   #
#########################
$name = 'Karma';  #Name of tile
$updatable = 'false';  #Should this tile auto-refresh
$version = '1.9';

I am explicitly searching for networks that don't exist through my device to get Karma to associate with them and then checking the intelligence report and dhcp.leases. They are both empty.

Edited by dustbyter

Think i found out part of the issue at least.

The connected devices are getting an IP from the router that is connected to the MKV over ethernet. I would expect that the IP address is assigned through the MKV.

I can always disable DHCP on the router one hop away from the MKV which is assigning addresses, but would be nice to fix this on pineapple.

Think i found out part of the issue at least.

The connected devices are getting an IP from the router that is connected to the MKV over ethernet. I would expect that the IP address is assigned through the MKV.

I can always disable DHCP on the router one hop away from the MKV which is assigning addresses, but would be nice to fix this on pineapple.

Are you connecting the MkV directly to an existing Ethernet based network with it's own DHCP server/router/etc?

The DHCP server on the MkV also works on the Ethernet port... it's configured to connect to a computer/laptop/client device and hand out an IP address.

I tried changing the erh0 config in my Mk5 by disabling the built in DHCP server and assigning a fixed IP address so it could connect to an exisiting Ethernet network to access the internet. It sort of worked... but this also seemed to break a lot of stuff.

It's probably not a good idea to have two fighing DHCP servers on a single wired network.

I'm hoping that one day I can plug in a USB-Ethernet adapter into the Mk5 (2nd wired Ethernet eth1) and then connect this to an existing network for internet/admin access. It's the one method of getting internet connectivity to the MkV that has been overlooked.

Lunokhod

Edited by lunokhod