Microsoft and Linux?

Just came across this and didnt know if anyone else has seen it yet http://mslinux.org

I like this the best though

We are now offering the MS Linux Introductory CD at a special introductory price of only $249.99 (plus shipping and handling), if you order before it ships.

MS Linux is released under the provisions of the Gates Private License, which means you can freely use this Software on a single machine without warranty after having paid the purchase price and annual renewal fees.

Funny thing about this is:

If microsoft did make a linux distro it would probally be quite good. Easy to use, built in windows compatibility, tech support etc. Although they'd do a version of BSD due to the license.

They would never make a Linux distrabution. Perhaps a BSD distrobution, the only thing that would interest me is propper DirectX and Windows binary support and integrating so I can stop using windows.

There have been rumors that the Windows 2000 TCP/IP stack was taken from NetBSD. It would be cool if they just went all the way. BSD with windows compatibility? amazing.

What in the fuck janky ass crap are you using? Nvidia fuckup edition?

Ye, it's so janky and extremly ass crappy that (appart from the joydtick and graphics card) it all works fine on Ubuntu, with the nVidia card drivers my card works grate as well.

No problems, I just have to get the drivers manualy for windows (which is kind of hard when even some thing as basic as the network card dosn't work).

I think it recognises the joystick as a hard drive becasue it's connected using an old MIDI/Gameport (I have my reasons), and with out the drivers for the sound card (which windows dosn't have) it seems to regognise the MIDI/Gameport shipset as a RAID AddIn card and so thinks the joystick is a hard drive lol

No problems, I just have to get the drivers manualy for windows (which is kind of hard when even some thing as basic as the network card dosn't work).

I think it recognises the joystick as a hard drive becasue it's connected using an old MIDI/Gameport (I have my reasons), and with out the drivers for the sound card (which windows dosn't have) it seems to regognise the MIDI/Gameport shipset as a RAID AddIn card and so thinks the joystick is a hard drive lol

Keep in mind that Windows XP is about 4 years old, so if your network card and soundcard use even somewhat newer chipsets (or SiS chipsets), it's very likly that XP wouldn't have the drivers for them. Plus, for network drivers, you can jsut use the computer/OS your using now to download teh drivers and transfer them via CD, USB or Floppy drive to your Windows install, and uipgrade that way.