Karma logs not logging.

Yeah, we just fixed this issue and it will be in the next beta - sorry about that.

For a quick fix, simple execute the following:

sed -i '10 i sleep 3' /etc/init.d/network && reboot

That will fix your problem.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I've noticed something else weird with the Karma logs too...

If I add a blacklisted client MAC address using the Karma GUI... it gets added fine and appears in the list.

If I then check the log file "cat /tmp/karma-phy0.log" I see an entry stating, "There are now 1 MAC addresses in the list".

If I then remove that MAC address I do not see a log entry about it being removed, but it no longer appears if I click "View List".

If I then add a different MAC address using the GUI, the log file gets updated to say, "There are now 2 MAC addresses in the list"... even though I have removed the first MAC address! The web GUI only shows the 2nd added MAC address.

The Karma web GUI does not show these log entries under the Karma Log tab.

I'm also wondering in future versions of Karma can timestamp the log entries... I find that log entries are only partly useful if you don't know excatly when the events took place.

Edited by lunokhod

I've noticed something else weird with the Karma logs too...

If I add a blacklisted client MAC address using the Karma GUI... it gets added fine and appears in the list.

If I then check the log file "cat /tmp/karma-phy0.log" I see an entry stating, "There are now 1 MAC addresses in the list".

If I then remove that MAC address I do not see a log entry about it being removed, but it no longer appears if I click "View List".

If I then add a different MAC address using the GUI, the log file gets updated to say, "There are now 2 MAC addresses in the list"... even though I have removed the first MAC address! The web GUI only shows the 2nd added MAC address.

I'm also wondering in future versions of Karma can timestamp the log entries... I find that log entries are only partly useful if you don't know excatly when the events took place.

For the timestamps, try out the beta, it includes those. In regards to the amount of macs in the list, if this issue is still present in the beta, please report it there!

Best regards,

Sebkinne