Amplifer MarkV

raz0r

Hi all

Can someone suggest to me the best amp for the markV i have adaptors at hand.

What i would like to know is can someone suggest the ones to get. ?

Also would this work ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5W-WiFi-37dBm-Wireless-Broadband-Amplifier-2-4GHz-Router-Signal-Booster-/151043574298

Many thanks

Raz0r

Edited by raz0r

Im currentley in the UK at the moment i have a few diffrent antennas like the 7DB and 9DB but i find the 5DB just as good thought it may be a good idea to use an amplifer.

Thanks Smarty ill take a look just was hopeing someone could give me an insight on this,

Regards

Raz0r

Unless you're trying to transmit miles away, amps aren't going to really help that much.

yeahIm-gonna-have.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Hawking-HSB2-HiGain-Signal-Booster/dp/B0009MYSHU

I use my Hawking Amp quite a bit... It doesn't work on wireless N but it helps with Reaver and Bully especially. This is an "at home" type setup though so not a transportable one...

From my experience setting up corporate and public school wireless networks, if you have to use an amp, you're doing it wrong. I've been told the same thing from the guys that taught me. Though, we're not exactly using the amps for their intended use, but still, amps don't really help receive that much. They just amp the noise, as well as the marginal signal. Your device might, or might not be able to tune that out. A proper antenna should do much better than the wrong antenna and an amp.

You are correct that it can amplify the noise but I've got a great antenna to go with it. And I really have had excellent results. I don't know that I would ever choose to deploy something like this long term but it does work.

• 8 months later...

i am also planning on buying this amplifier http://www.ebay.com/itm/37dbm-5W-WiFi-Wireless-LAN-Broadband-Router-Signal-Booster-Amplifier-37dBm-2-4G/121192180700?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3D07a5731d772c425ea1d9b1160ecb49f5%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140602152332%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D181168164525

but then connect it to the client radio for receiving better!

now my question is the wifi pineapple mark v capable of handling so much watt on that wireless radio?

i am also planning on buying a good antenna that is capable with the 5w amplifier?

The thing is i have a client that is traveling a lot, and on some camping sites where he comes he at first got good wifi, but when sometimes french people arrive there he looses almost all of his wifi signal, he thinks it is because the have much better equipment and pulling down all the transmit power.

i thought maybe then if he uses that 5w amplifier on the client (receiving) radio of the wifi pineapple and the other radio for himself to connect to it could be better ? Or am i thinking wrong ?

Please let me know if this is a solution!

Or what you think these french use.

Thanks in advance

Develectron