Linux as a WiFi pineapple

Rhino

Guest spazi

Yes probaly using a Raspberry Pi or arduino Yun. But time spent on the project including spending money on the hardware kinda defeats the purpose.
Wifi Pineapple is the only two-radio device I know running linux. And for the money it's dead cheap.

Yes probaly using a Raspberry Pi or arduino Yun. But time spent on the project including spending money on the hardware kinda defeats the purpose.

Wifi Pineapple is the only two-radio device I know running linux. And for the money it's dead cheap.

Hum, how about DD-WRT router or in fact any router, I'm not aware of any router device that doesn't run on Linux!

Pineapple is a set of tool compiled for UCLinux, a tiny linux designed for embed system.

What set the pineapple apart is:

- Community!!!

- Relatively cheap hardware, with option you wouldn't find on most other hardware like a dip switch, proper wifi chipset for raw capture and deauth

- Precompiled set of tools

- Ecosystem, all these tools work well together and has a nice GUI

Everything you can do with a pineapple, you can do with any machine that will allow you to SSH to it, but it will require you to hack for real, not pressing a few button!

I personally use a micro ATX PC with Kali linux to do just everything the pineapple does and more, I still have a pineapple, quite useful when traveling but I use it mostly as a bridge when connecting to hotel wifi,

I think you're touching upon something valid here, though.

Since it's all UCLinux, presumably for ARM, why limit the ecosystem to an actual Pineapple?

How many parts of the ecosystem are specific to a 2-antenna (I don't think Linux cares it's 2 different chips) systems?

I have an Odroid-U2. No wireless on there, but 2 USB ports to toy with so I could easily add 2 wifi adapters and have something that, looking at it from the OS, is pretty close to the Pineapple. Would it be possible for me to run the Pinapple image off of this device? Would the makers want me to?