Kali works great for "Daily Driver".

TN.Frank

Been running Kali Linux 1.0.6 for about 3 weeks now and it's working out great for a Daily use Distro. Main thing folks need to do to run it is on first boot add a user with Admin status and run it like you want any other Distro from that point on, not as root. That way it's secure as any other Debian based Distro since you have to use sudo to do stuff in your user account. Also, I love having Gqrx already installed with GNU Radio so I don't have to fool with installing it in another Distro where I always and I mean always run into dependency issues. I'm really lovin' Kali, I think I've found my "go to" Distro that I can use from here on out. Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone was apprehensive about running Kali as an everyday Distro, don't be, it works like any other Debian based Distro, just make sure NOT to run as root and set up an Admin account to run it from and you'll be fine.

Kali can be a great daily driver. Both my laptops Kali on them and I use them 90% of the time. My desktop and home servers run CentOS/Slackware/Ubuntu. I first starting using Slackware back in middle school and then later got my taste of RHEL in the corporate world. I find selecting an OS to be geared towards ones specific needs and Kali meets those needs. I feel as though a lot of linux users choose an OS based on ease of use/tools pre-installed.

Been running Kali Linux 1.0.6 for about 3 weeks now and it's working out great for a Daily use Distro. Main thing folks need to do to run it is on first boot add a user with Admin status and run it like you want any other Distro from that point on, not as root. That way it's secure as any other Debian based Distro since you have to use sudo to do stuff in your user account. Also, I love having Gqrx already installed with GNU Radio so I don't have to fool with installing it in another Distro where I always and I mean always run into dependency issues. I'm really lovin' Kali, I think I've found my "go to" Distro that I can use from here on out. Anyway, just wanted to share in case anyone was apprehensive about running Kali as an everyday Distro, don't be, it works like any other Debian based Distro, just make sure NOT to run as root and set up an Admin account to run it from and you'll be fine.

you need to have a look at this

http://www.garyshood.com/root/

Still rather run my system as Sudo just in case someone tries to do something crazy to one of my laptops. That way they'd need my password to add or remove software or otherwise make changes that I wouldn't want.

http://www.howtogeek.com/124950/htg-explains-why-you-shouldnt-log-into-your-linux-system-as-root/