flashed latest firmware-something gone wrong

Swamppifi

Hi All

I had just flashed the latest verison of the firmware just an hour ago, and now something has gone wrong.

I had followed every step correctly

lights patterns as per book

it reboots

ask to change password

reboots again

then the continue button appears , click it to continue.

then I get a screen that has the time up and load values header at the top of the sreen.

everything else is gone

no tabs

no nothing.

my lights are green (solid) amber (flashing twice every five seconds, solid the rest ) blue (solid)

I have tried to reboot with the dip switchs, but get the same result.

is there a way to flash an earlier version to get back up.

peter

update, I can connect wirlessly

but when I connected by LAN I only have the top header, but by Wlan, I have the full screen, it is up and running, but i don't have the full interface screen logged in by LAN

I have rebboted the pinapple.

I have rebooted the computer

I have being using firefox, so I tried IE8, still the same result.

only the time up and load header is shown from the LAN side.

but when I log in by WLAN, I get the full interface, and can use all the functions,

something is wrong with this latest firmware.

Peter

Edited by Jasonkblack

First of all, never try IE. We don't support it at all and it will just not work well.

Secondly, this sounds like a very odd issue. As the UI loads over wireless, I cannot see how it can be a firmware issue (the pineapple doesn't care if you connect wired or wireless). We have had similar issues with people's addons / extensions causing issues. Do you have access to another machine that has ethernet? Could you try with that?

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I agree, it sounds strange, before I packed up for dinner,I plugged back in my Mk IV, it worked, browser showed the full screen, the MkV was working before I flashed it.

Give me an hour and I go plug it into th HP mini which can browser it by Wlan.

One thing I just been thinking, could it be an issue with the script version, my Hp has the latest version loaded, my Xp rig I have updated in a while.

Will let you know later tonight.

peter

Just checked

I can browse the full interface with firefox on my HP mini.

Tried again with firefox on Xp machine, I can get it up in the browser and after I login in, all I get is the top green box with time up and load and the exit button, all other tabs,boxes,pages are gone.

Was working before I flashed the latest firmware.

So if not an issue with firmware, could it something out of date that is incompatable with this latest firmware flash

Peter

Just checked

I can browse the full interface with firefox on my HP mini.

Tried again with firefox on Xp machine, I can get it up in the browser and after I login in, all I get is the top green box with time up and load and the exit button, all other tabs,boxes,pages are gone.

Was working before I flashed the latest firmware.

So if not an issue with firmware, could it something out of date that is incompatable with this latest firmware flash

Peter

I think something else must have happened. I suggest you update your browsers..

It's clear it isn't the firmware though if it runs on other devices.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I have solved the problem, but I don't know what caused it.

I am running Seamonkey 2.1.1 on my XP rig, I updated to the latest 2.2.4, still no fix, so I downloaded firefox and installed....I now have full pineapple interface again.

So Seamonkey is now another Brower that doesn't like the latest firmware...this will be good to know for others, its all a learning process

I am good now.

Thank you for your quick assistance to a newbie, I appreciated it, Sebkinne.

Peter

I have just went in and tried what you have suggested, and after booting ang login in, got the same result with seamonkey, no tiles

Then I reload as you have suggested. I feel like a mug..... Reloading restored the tiles in sea monkey....

you would think that restarting and rebooting the computer would be enough.

So just hitting reload has solved it, I wonder how many other issues are caused by this.

It must be a problem with Seamonkey, now I have firefox on the machine I will continue to use it.

thanks for the help Whizdumb

Peter

Edited by Jasonkblack

I had exactly the same issue when I upgraded. I just refresehed in Chrome and then I think I finally turned off the browser and then turned it back on. Then everything started to load. Might be a cache issue... but definately on my end and not the firmware.

Yes, I think you are right, it is a cache issue, but that is what threw me of track, I had shut down the browse about 4 times, rebooted everything, inculding the computer at least 3 times. and it still had no tiles, it must be a problem with seamonkey and the way it clears its caches.

I will make sure i hit reload often from now.

JackChitt,

Actually reviewing your post, please take a look at what I wrote here: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31883-first-boot-web-gui-showing-nothing/?hl=virus#entry238905

You have that same issue it seems. It's not the Pineapple's fault!

Saying that, the above has nothing to do with this thread. It has everything to do with the browser used and / or caching issues with it. As it worked flawlessly in Firefox, I consider this thread answered and closed :)

I'm going to lock it, just to make sure that people with the same issue don't get confused between two different issues.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne