network lan with MK IV issues

Hi all

I have been trying to sort out both of my pineapples over the last few days, so today I been trying to get my MK IV sorted.

now when it arrived last year, I breifly mangaed to connect it via USB tether to my android tablet. but could't connect to the lan side, I could connect by the wlan, but as I was short of time, it got put aside until now.

Now I have managed to get my mk V running via XP , i have a thread in the MK V section, so I thought, greatly just plug in the MK IV on the same setting and should be ok....nope..

i had found that I had no lights at all, had tried LAN and the POE LAN connectors, with the same setup that worked with the MK V.

After leaving it for 15 min, I manage to get the browser up using the POE LAN port and an open internet connection, now my firm ware was 2.7.0. I updated to the latest 2.8.1. today

I now have lights and an instant connection with the POE LAN port, but still can't connect via the LAN port.

Was there an issue with the 2.7.0. firmware and the lans ports.

Am I doing something wrong with the LAN port.

Also on a side note with Windows XP set the internet connect sharing port on you internet side first, as it prompts you to select the LAN port to share with, I found it overrides the I.P address (it assigns the following 192.168.0.1 to your LAN connection automatically and wipes out what you have set) , after you have set the ICS port first, set the LAN connection properties last to 172.16.42.42

Peter

Hi all

I have been trying to sort out both of my pineapples over the last few days, so today I been trying to get my MK IV sorted.

now when it arrived last year, I breifly mangaed to connect it via USB tether to my android tablet. but could't connect to the lan side, I could connect by the wlan, but as I was short of time, it got put aside until now.

Now I have managed to get my mk V running via XP , i have a thread in the MK V section, so I thought, greatly just plug in the MK IV on the same setting and should be ok....nope..

i had found that I had no lights at all, had tried LAN and the POE LAN connectors, with the same setup that worked with the MK V.

After leaving it for 15 min, I manage to get the browser up using the POE LAN port and an open internet connection, now my firm ware was 2.7.0. I updated to the latest 2.8.1. today

I now have lights and an instant connection with the POE LAN port, but still can't connect via the LAN port.

Was there an issue with the 2.7.0. firmware and the lans ports.

Am I doing something wrong with the LAN port.

Also on a side note with Windows XP set the internet connect sharing port on you internet side first, as it prompts you to select the LAN port to share with, I found it overrides the I.P address (it assigns the following 192.168.0.1 to your LAN connection automatically and wipes out what you have set) , after you have set the ICS port first, set the LAN connection properties last to 172.16.42.42

Peter

The POE/LAN port is the port you should use to connect to the Pineapple MKIV. The other port (WAN port) is used to plug it directly into a router and make the Pineapple receive a DHCP address. If you want to do this, you'll need to configure the pineapple to use the wan port as it's default route though. You'll also need to perform a bit of iptables magic. Search the forums here for WAN port and you'll find a how-to.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne