Overload Power problem

Noam

Hello,

I bought 2 months ago a wifi pineapple mark v and everything worked fine. When i bought a usb to dc adapter i connected the dc to the external battery (from hak5) and the usb into the pineapple in the beginning everything worked fine but after 1 minute the whole pineapple was death when i used the other adapter wall power to dc it still won't go on and now i think that i broke my pineapple mark v with overload of power i need help! maybe i can disassembly the pineapple and fix the issue i need some advice

Mr-Protocol,

He said, "When i bought a usb to dc adapter i connected the dc to the external battery (from hak5) and the usb into the pineapple".

If I read that correctly, he plugged the barrel cable end that is supposed to go into the pineapple into the battery. Then he plugged the USB end of that cable into the pineapple. Didn't he basically power the pineapple through the USB port and fry it?

thesugarat,

Oh snap! Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't post while being sick. Good catch. In that scenario, I'm not sure what would have happened.

If you have a Serial TTY you can connect to it that way (FOLLOWING THE MANUAL'S INSTRUCTIONS) and see if it is attempting to boot. That would help diagnose it.

Yeah, that'll fry it. There isn't really an way to fix this either, as the CPU will be toast..

You can contact shop@hak5.org, but this is user error, so I'm not sure you'll get it replaced. Make sure to tell them exactly what happened and how :)

Best regards,

Sebkinne