yagi + mark v + macbook pro running kali

brazen

I just ordered the Mark V Tactical Bundle, usb rubber ducky exfiltrator (not important for this post). They are on the way. I have a yagi antenna that I purchased from ebay. Can I scan and connect/monitor networks from 100 meters away just using the yagi and the mark v? or will I need to get an Alfa AWUS036H as well?

sorry for the excited n00b question before my order even ships!

thanks for any responses!

edit ~ os is kali installed to hd on macbook pro

Edited by brazen

You'll get pretty good distances from the wlan1 side of the Pinepple by default but the connector on that yagi could be a problem. The Mark 5 uses SMA connectors and a lot of the antennas out there use rp-sma. You'll need an adapter if your yagi is indeed an rp-sma.

These are not covert but are great quality, general use antennas for your lab or toy box...

12dbi Omni http://www.radiolabs.com/products/antennas/2.4gig/11dbomni.php

15dbi Omni http://www.radiolabs.com/products/antennas/2.4gig/high-gain-wifi-antenna.php

Edit: I would still get an Alfa, if you need to do anything with wifi on the Macbook Pro. It is all around easier to get things working with the Agfa then try and do things with the chipset in the MBP.

Edited by lostngone

I have a 15dbi HG2415U-PRO on my roof on a 10ft mast with 15 feet of ca400 cable to an alfa in the attic with an active 32foot usb extension cable to my pc. I can airdrop all of my neighbors in a 2 block radius. I also tried out the pineapple in the attic on this antenna on wlan0. It didn't do as well as the alfa because the tx power is locked at 18 but it's fun to do.

Edit, I think I only loose 1db over 15 feet with this cable.

Edited by yabasoya

That's one holy contraceptive... But really, that directional antenna coupled with a Hawking booster is a great combo for long distances that you want to sweep/target. Put it on the wlan1 side and use reaver/wifite etc on access points. Or put it on the wlan0 side and run Karma, or more effectively use the "Free WiFi" name and use sslstrip or dnsspoof with phishing pages. All kinds of fun.

I just unburied a powermax 38db wireless cellular amplifier/repeater. what can I do with this (if anything)? this is to be included in the items mentioned by me in this post:

yagi + mark v + macbook pro running kali and now a powermax 38db wireless cellular amplifier/repeater

It would depend on the frequencies that the amplifier uses and the connections it uses. Honestly I'm not sure anything cellular based is going to work for WiFi applications....

• 2 weeks later...

sorry again guys! i am way overthinking this... and looking at too much information such as https://d37wxxhohlp07s.cloudfront.net/s3_images/840679/SMA-RPSMA.png?1357662460

here is a pic of my yagi. it is showing rp-sma male (so I need rp-sma female) for the yagi side. and the pineapple is sma female so this needs to be sma male...

so thesugarat was right and I should of just not thought about it and got what he said weeks ago!

so I now finally understand the confusion i was having between sma and rp-sma male/female i was looking at the "wrong attachment" to determine male and female... this was like looking at hyenas and figuring out which one is the female! lol

post-46582-0-96410800-1392992787_thumb.p

post-46582-0-70343500-1392993372_thumb.p

first things first... HOLY CRAP! and why do I have a metal taste in my mouth?

i just got the sma/rp-sma connector. I hooked up the 18dbi yagi to mk5 while monitoring nearby networks, just to see how much difference there is. I did this by holding the yagi in my hand and pointing it in different directions. after about 5 minutes, I have the metallic taste in my mouth. (note ~ the last time i had this metallic taste in my mouth, i ordered a bunch of very powerful, very small magnets and create a ring around my finger so I could make pens moves, etc... that lasted for about an hour until i almost vomitted... i guess the magnets were messing with the iron in my blood and I had a blood tasting burps with a metalic taste in my mouth... or like when taking very strong antibiotics) anyways... I put the yagi away for now until i figure out the best way to mount it.

the available AP went from 10 to 16 and this was not done in a residential area.

i just got the sma/rp-sma connector. I hooked up the 18dbi yagi to mk5 while monitoring nearby networks, just to see how much difference there is. I did this by holding the yagi in my hand and pointing it in different directions. after about 5 minutes, I have the metallic taste in my mouth. (note ~ the last time i had this metallic taste in my mouth, i ordered a bunch of very powerful, very small magnets and create a ring around my finger so I could make pens moves, etc... that lasted for about an hour until i almost vomitted... i guess the magnets were messing with the iron in my blood and I had a blood tasting burps with a metalic taste in my mouth... or like when taking very strong antibiotics) anyways... I put the yagi away for now until i figure out the best way to mount it.

the available AP went from 10 to 16 and this was not done in a residential area.

You'd need a really strong magnet to mess with the iron in your blood. Something like a large star would do it. Also as long as you don't put an amp on the yagi, the pineapple doesn't have enough power to really hurt you.

Maybe you transferred the taste from something to your mouth?

If you are really that sensitive to that small amount of RF radiation I would keep FAR away from all RF sources. Maybe look into shielding rooms in your house you spend the most time in.

In any case I would see a doctor about your symptoms as soon as you can!

Edited by lostngone