Solid Green and amber Lights

Nextria

If you are having this issue, there is a good change re-formatting the card can fix the issue.

Follow the "Unbricking a bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV" instructions here.

Then when the firmware is up and running, navigate to the "Resources" infusions, click on the "USB" tab and then click "format SD card".

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Greetings Darren.

I have to say that I sad too.. One I am a huge fan of the show, and as such I support your show by the purchase of the WI-Fi Pineapple Mark V. However when I booted up the product solid amber. You could imagine by excitement went right out the window, Why do you guy get it the smallest cheapest part caused your product to fail.

i am really disappointed, why should not have a product work right out of the box. i am really upset and now I question the quality of the product as a whole. this is a big over sight..

I was really looking forward to working with the product.

I hope you can help.

Still a fan.

Thanks. You're right - why did we ever trust the most critical part of the product at first boot, the firmware loading, to the cheapest part. I'm asking myself the same question as you've well pointed out it's a major damper on the experience. Our hope was to be able to use this method to always ship the latest firmware, but it seems that's not worth the trouble when one could simply update over the air. I'm really bummed about this issue. I've taken to checking every unit and it seems all the cards reformat and reimage the firmware files no problem - so that's what we're doing. Every box is getting opened and given proper attention to resolve this. Our factory has made changes to flash 1.2.0 to the MK5 going forward and we're reaching out to effected customers directly to aid in resolving the SD card issue - with replacements or partial refunds as necessary. I'm sorry I let you all down. It's hard not to take it personally and at the same time I offer you my personal apology. If there's anything we can do to make your pineapple experience better, please contact us directly.

I had the sd card problem when I first got my mark v's, on one of them.

To me that was no big deal Darren, for a few $ I went and got replacement class 10 cards.

My BIG problem is "hostapd disassociated due to inactivity DoS" submitted in the bug section.

I guess it's because at my house, I don't have many devices connect or something.

But.......I can turn either one on and after a period of time....(10 minutes to 30 minutes, sometimes if I'm lucky an hour).. I HAVE TO REBOOT THE THING....to be able to connect to it.

This happens on 2 different mark v's.

I understand there may only be a few people with this problem, but it's very frustrating.

I'm hoping something can be done to fix this.

I have tried every firmware except the latest, to no avail, the issue still exists.

From what I have read in the threads only 0jf5 and I seem have this issue.

Edited by xrad

I had the sd card problem when I first got my mark v's, on one of them.

To me that was no big deal Darren, for a few $ I went and got replacement class 10 cards.

My BIG problem is "hostapd disassociated due to inactivity DoS" submitted in the bug section.

I guess it's because at my house, I don't have many devices connect or something.

But.......I can turn either one on and after a period of time....(10 minutes to 30 minutes, sometimes if I'm lucky an hour).. I HAVE TO REBOOT THE THING....to be able to connect to it.

This happens on 2 different mark v's.

I understand there may only be a few people with this problem, but it's very frustrating.

I'm hoping something can be done to fix this.

I have tried every firmware except the latest, to no avail, the issue still exists.

From what I have read in the threads only 0jf5 and I seem have this issue.

While this post isn't much on topic, I just wanted to confirm we are aware of the issue. It's in our accepted bugs and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

This is good thread. I had the exact same experence. I was bumbed when I got my Wi-Fi Pineapple MarkV. When the device booted up I just got a sold/blinking amber light. It turns out that the 2 GB MicroSD card was bad. I finally receaved a new MicroSD card 4 days later; with good firmware. However, when I went update it to the lateset firmware; I got a blinking blue light for hours.

I was really looking forward to using this device.

This is good thread. I had the exact same experence. I was bumbed when I got my Wi-Fi Pineapple MarkV. When the device booted up I just got a sold/blinking amber light. It turns out that the 2 GB MicroSD card was bad. I finally receaved a new MicroSD card 4 days later; with good firmware. However, when I went update it to the lateset firmware; I got a blinking blue light for hours.

I was really looking forward to using this device.

If you get a blinking blue light and even after a power cycle the issue does not go away, please follow our "Unbricking A Bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV" instructions on our website. That'll take care of the issue.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne