Solid Green and amber Lights

Nextria

Hello,

i have had my pineapple a couple of month now, but as of today i get a solid green and amber.

I put the firmware the update.bin on the sd card again after formating it but it doesn't do anything not even a blink!

Is it really bricked ? or can i try the recovery flash ?

I don't understand what went wrong it worked great for almost 2 months

regards

nextria

When I put the SD card into my computer it asked if I wanted to format it.

After that I downloaded the 1.0.4 firmware and put the upgrade.bin and the md5 file in the root of the SD card.

I haven't tried flashing yet.

I find it strange it worked great for a long time. And I didnt install anything on it.

dont worry, you will be able to get it working again for sure.

you simply made a mistake of formating the SD card. windows wouldnt of understood the ext format the drive was in and wanted to format it, you should have done that.

Its fine though, just format it in fat32 download though files again put it back in the pineapple follow the inital setup instructions on manual, it takes a few mins. Try not to turn it off before its done.

if that doesnt work, follow the unbricking instructions. https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing

Let us know how you go :)

Good Luck!

hey,

Well i tried the unbricking instructions (https://wifipineapple.com/?flashing)

but when i switch's the last dip-switch down and boot it still gives me green and amber light.

Nothing changes. if i connect a LAN cable to it i just keeps saying that there is no cable connected.

i think its really bricked :(. what should i do ?

Bought the Wifi PineApple Mark5
Booted with the SDcard. This gave a green light and a blinking amber light.
Inspected the SD card. The card was corrupted/broken. Even formatting it didn't work.
Changed the card for a 4 GB SD card. Downloaded 1.0.4 update.bin+md5 hash file
Booted the MKV:green light and a blinking amber light
Tried the web-interface on port 1471: no response
Tried the IP without port 1471 got the response: some sort of root dir+1970 as date
Flashed the device with the stagger.bin: this worked fine
Booted the device with the SD card:green light and a blinking amber light.
Tried image 1.0.3
Tried fat instead of fat32
I'm out of options. pls help

I am able to ssh to the box:

BusyBox v1.19.4 (2013-09-17 16:22:53 CEST) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

######################

# MK5 Stager #

######################

root@Pineapple:~# ps -ef

PID USER VSZ STAT COMMAND

1 root 1504 S init

2 root 0 SW [kthreadd]

3 root 0 SW [ksoftirqd/0]

5 root 0 SW [kworker/u:0]

6 root 0 SW< [khelper]

7 root 0 SW [kworker/u:1]

61 root 0 SW [sync_supers]

63 root 0 SW [bdi-default]

65 root 0 SW< [kblockd]

94 root 0 SW [kswapd0]

143 root 0 SW [fsnotify_mark]

155 root 0 SW< [ath79-spi]

166 root 0 SW [mtdblock0]

171 root 0 SW [mtdblock1]

176 root 0 SW [mtdblock2]

181 root 0 SW [mtdblock3]

186 root 0 SW [mtdblock4]

191 root 0 SW [mtdblock5]

232 root 0 RW [kworker/0:1]

422 root 0 SWN [jffs2_gcd_mtd3]

448 root 0 SW [khubd]

459 root 0 SW [scsi_eh_0]

460 root 0 SW [usb-storage]

461 root 0 SW [kworker/0:2]

479 root 1532 S {rcS} /bin/sh /etc/init.d/rcS S boot

480 root 1504 S init

482 root 1496 S logger -s -p 6 -t sysinit

515 root 0 SW< [cfg80211]

559 root 0 SW< [rpciod]

569 root 0 SW< [nfsiod]

657 root 1508 S /sbin/syslogd -C16

659 root 1488 S /sbin/klogd

661 root 860 S /sbin/hotplug2 --override --persistent --set-rules-f

672 root 872 S /sbin/ubusd

690 root 1488 S /sbin/netifd

1157 root 1500 S /sbin/watchdog -t 5 /dev/watchdog

1294 root 1400 S hostapd -P /var/run/wifi-phy1.pid -B /var/run/hostap

1421 root 1844 S {do_upgrade} /bin/bash /etc/stager_files/do_upgrade

1429 nobody 788 S /usr/sbin/atd

1453 root 1152 S /usr/sbin/dropbear -P /var/run/dropbear.1.pid -p 22

1472 root 1140 S /usr/sbin/uhttpd -f -h /www -r Pineapple -x /cgi-bin

1523 nobody 956 S /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -C /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf

1536 root 1500 S /usr/sbin/ntpd -n -p 0.openwrt.pool.ntp.org -p 1.ope

2381 root 1220 S /usr/sbin/dropbear -P /var/run/dropbear.1.pid -p 22

2397 root 1504 S -ash

2407 root 1488 S sleep 1

2408 root 1496 R ps -ef

root@Pineapple:~#

I have the same problem and have done the same solutions but instead of yellow light my pineapple blink blue constant and nothing happend, fast in boot lopp ?
canot fin my pineapple whit help of Tcp cable and so on, should we return the pineapples or what´s the solution ??

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

having the same problem with my brand new Pineapple which i got yesterday. Inserting the SD Card and after connecting i get the green light up (power) and the ampber (searching for update) blinking.

Not working after 20 minutes. I tried to mount the SDCard on my Debian machine and it can't read it !!!

==> What i did - reformat the card on my Linux to EXT2 and redownload the latest (1.04) Firmware file from the site. Unpacked it to the SD Card and tried again -- WORKING ;-)

After a few minutes i had a working unit ;-)

Greets, Heiko

Upon receiving my pineapple, and doing all the boot up stuff. I got the pretty RAB flashy lights, but now I only get solid blue and amber and green. no more blinky blinky. Not sure what this means, I can get into the config page (when I remember not to use IE hehehe)

Hi received new Mark v yesterday and have tried the set up process and the pineapple is not working as just getting a solid green light and flashing amber. Have tried everything with no joy. Help pls

My first ever Pineapple that arrived today was suffered from the same issue. The SD card worked fine in my Linux machine and the MD5 values matched.

I worked out that the SD card shipped was formatted in EXT3/4 which my Pineapple wasn't picking up and hence the continuous amber flashing lights. I formatted the SD card in FAT32, transferred the most recent firmware from https://wifipineapple.com/?downloads onto the card (as the original on the SD card also out of date) and now it works as expected.

I am really glad because I wasn't looking forward to doing a RMA back over the Pacific.

@lilfear1 - It's not clear whether or not you've tried connecting to it ? If so wired and wireless ? NB: Once booted the lights have different meanings - P6 of manual.

@Jasonh - I had this and used a different micro sd card, formatted as etx3, files copied from downloads (the one's supplied were out of date anyway!).

@907Jesse - Any lights ? Any connectivity, does a wifi scan reveal any APs ?

@Ben77 - Have you a different MicroSD card you can try ?

NB: I have no association with Hak5. I just like to help. Although I've upset the mods by pointing out that there /might/ be an issue - so it won't be long before I'm banned from these parts.

Edited by St3v3

@lilfear1 - It's not clear whether or not you've tried connecting to it ? If so wired and wireless ? NB: Once booted the lights have different meanings - P6 of manual.

@Jasonh - I had this and used a different micro sd card, formatted as etx3, files copied from downloads (the one's supplied were out of date anyway!).

@907Jesse - Any lights ? Any connectivity, does a wifi scan reveal any APs ?

@Ben77 - Have you a different MicroSD card you can try ?

NB: I have no association with Hak5. I just like to help. Although I've upset the mods by pointing out that there /might/ be an issue - so it won't be long before I'm banned from these parts.

I have connected through it wirelessly from target computer; while it is manually plugged into host computer and on the internet. Even now as I speak days later from my post it is plugged ethernet into host computer. Target computer not turned on. I see blue amber green, (blue blink once every 10 sec, amber blink once every second, green solid) I have read, looked at and understood the P6 of the manual and that is why I am here. Pineapple plugged into wall outlet also. SD is plugged in, and I am on the pineapple mgmnt page also.

I have connected through it wirelessly from target computer; while it is manually plugged into host computer and on the internet. Even now as I speak days later from my post it is plugged ethernet into host computer. Target computer not turned on. I see blue amber green, (blue blink once every 10 sec, amber blink once every second, green solid) I have read, looked at and understood the P6 of the manual and that is why I am here. Pineapple plugged into wall outlet also. SD is plugged in, and I am on the pineapple mgmnt page also.

So it sounds like it is all working ok, you get the mgmt console, the lights show power good and wifi activity.

What's not happening that you expect to be happening (I have re-read your original post, but couldn't understand what your "fault" is...

I had this issue with my new ultra bundle. It turned out to be the SD card. There's nothing wrong with the SD card from what I can tell, since I can still read and write to it. But the pineapple also wouldn't function with that particular SD card. I formatted it, downloaded the firmware, checked it, tried the whole process again. Eventually I just picked up a 8GB class 10 card, downloaded the firmware, checked it, popped it in the pineapple and now it's golden.

I'm saddened by the quality issues with these SD cards. Our process is to burn the factory image and verify the data integrity before shipping. I can assure you the files read before they leave the shop. Furthermore, while we're technically within industry failure rate standards, a statement like that doesn't bring me any warm fuzzies -- and you deserve better when unboxing this magnificent machine.

My apologies to all. If you're having SD card issues, please shoot us an email at shop@hak5.org with your order # and we'll get you sorted ASAP, no questions asked.

We're also working to change the factory flashing process. The next major stablesaurus build is nearly done and we're looking to flash this at the factory - no more first boot mess...

Thanks again for your support and please if there's anything we can do to make this a better experience do let us know.

Cheers,

Darren

Greetings Darren.

I have to say that I sad too.. One I am a huge fan of the show, and as such I support your show by the purchase of the WI-Fi Pineapple Mark V. However when I booted up the product solid amber. You could imagine by excitement went right out the window, Why do you guy get it the smallest cheapest part caused your product to fail.

i am really disappointed, why should not have a product work right out of the box. i am really upset and now I question the quality of the product as a whole. this is a big over sight..

I was really looking forward to working with the product.

I hope you can help.

Still a fan.