Cracking GSM with RTL-SDR

mreidiv

Stuck that link in my SDR bookmark folder, thanks. I was having a heck of a time getting stuff set up until I installed Kali Linux 1.0.6. It has Gqrx already installed with all the Drivers and stuff for a few different dongles. The install is kind of flakey or maybe I'm just use to a simpler install like Ubuntu or Point Linux but I DID get it installed and it is working. If you have trouble getting SDR set up on your machine give Kali a look.

Stuck that link in my SDR bookmark folder, thanks. I was having a heck of a time getting stuff set up until I installed Kali Linux 1.0.6. It has Gqrx already installed with all the Drivers and stuff for a few different dongles. The install is kind of flakey or maybe I'm just use to a simpler install like Ubuntu or Point Linux but I DID get it installed and it is working. If you have trouble getting SDR set up on your machine give Kali a look.

Thanks! If i have problems ill ask you for help.

You just gave me another reason to get a SDR dongle! :P

Damn I gotta order one now...

type sdr decode into youtube or sdr (whatever your looking to do) there are multiple applications for an sdr

Thanks! If i have problems ill ask you for help.

LOL, only "help" I could give would be to install Kali Linux 1.0.6. I totally didn't get SDR installed on my own even with some pretty good help from folks here on the forum.