connect to web interface through wifi

zero_day

Hey I just got my pineapple today, and I was having some trouble figuring out how to access the web interface over wifi. I have the pineapple connected to my home wifi right now is there a way to access the web interface this way, or do I have to be connected via ethernet?

Do you mean that you connected via a laptop/tablet to the Pineapples wlan0 Access Point called Pineapple_XXXX (X's being the last 4 of your MAC address) and you set up in the Client Mode Tab so that wlan1 antenna is accessing your home wireless access point?

Or do you mean you plugged the eth0 port into your home router and want to get in that way?

The answers are different depending on your actual connectivity.

You might go to the Pineapple University website linked in the forums and check out the first connectivity videos. And all the other ones too...

Ok your post actually helped me figure it out.

I set up client mode so wlan1 was connected to my wireless access point, then tried to access the pineapple when i was connected to that same access point instead of connecting to the pineapple_xxxx. I am now connected to pineapple_xxxx and everything is working. Thank you!

No problem... I actually typed it that way on purpose because that is the new way of doing things with the Mark 5. And since you asked... You can actually do it the other way. Once the wlan1 is connected via Client Mode to your home AP you can connect your laptop/tablet to the same home AP and get to the Pineapple's management page but it won't be the standard 172.16.42.1:1471. You'll need to know the IP address that your home AP assigns to wlan1, you'll be able to use that IPAddress:1471 to get to the management page. That leaves wlan0 for other uses... It's not the standard way of doing things but it is a possible configuration.

I have mine setup right now, with the eth0 getting a ip from my home router, had to change the network file in the etc, just using that plus the 1471 to configure my pineapple.

best way i have seen yet for a home setup, then i have 2 plus the alpha 1 antenna for fun stuff, leaves me an admin interface on the eth0.