MKV not booting - solid green and very faint red lights

_sw1tch_

All,

Got a MKV and had it running 1.0.4 - working fine for months, including most of today. Today after finishing some work on dnsspoof and /www/index.php, I turned her off and later back on.

Now I get a solid green light, and a very faint red light and that's it. No ethernet link recognised so I don't have a workable LAN connection. Tried setting dips to U,D,D,U,U and U,U,U,U,D left to right per reflashing/recovery instructions to no avail.

Tried multiple LAN cables, and both the USB and primary power supplies that came with the unit. There's definitely no LAN link.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

_sw1tch_

Not sure to be honest. I think with a journaling file system, a plug pull is typically ok but an official answer would be good.

As for my original question - I think it's likely that there's a physical issue with the device...the red LED is definitely half-on, and I'm pretty sure it's not light bleed from some other LED.

If anyone has anything else to suggest trying that would be most welcome, but I'm guessing this is going to turn into a replacement request in the near future.

• 1 month later...

got exactly the same problem here. The pineapple arrived a few days ago. Everything worked fine fine for one night.

After one reboot (unplug) the next morning it didn't boot anymore.

Solid green and a faint of red.

Since then it's really a brick. Steps to unbrick fail due to the link not coming up.

I tested this on several computers. U,D,D,U,U also fails.

seems to be a hardware failure. I'll do the same and ask for exchange at shop@hak5.org.

Edited by koma5

Official power off procedure? Unplugging it works like a champ :)

Faint red LED? Yeah, that does sound like a hardware failure as the software doesn't control the intensity of the bulb. Email shop@hak5.org with your order #. We'll get a replacement out asap. I'd like to get this unit back in for a little prodding. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this and take it up with the factory so please allow us to send a prepaid return mailer. If it is defective hardware I'd like it seen under the right light. Thanks and please accept my apology for the inconvenience.