172.16.42.1:1471 down

haknakpdywak

Is 172.16.42.1:1471 down for everybody or just new users? Two days after setting up the new Pineapple to the specs the manual specified, it still will not connecting to the interface. I am fairly certain now that it is a problem with the server since others seem to be having the same issue connecting to it.

Edited by haknakpdywak

Ok, give this a try....

Go to your adapter settings....... The LAN connected to the mark v reset it to auto, just for fun ( being windows) reboot.

Then go back and set it to 172.16.42.42.........255.255.255.0 subnet........gateway 8.8.8.8.

You might also want to clear your cache.

Then see if you can connect.

I know you have already done it several times but I have a laptop 8 for some reason when I turn ICS on it changes everything and I have to do it twice.

Okay, just tried that without success. Those configs where what I first tried before trying to set them to default. Reverting to the custom specs after a reboot + cache wipe still results in the same timeout errors on Firefox and "Oops!" error message on Chrome. Is this not a server issue for others?

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31579-unable-to-connect-to-172164211471/

Edited by haknakpdywak

Okay, just tried that without success. Those configs where what I first tried before trying to set them to default. Reverting to the custom specs after a reboot + cache wipe still results in the same timeout errors on Firefox and "Oops!" error message on Chrome. Is this not a server issue for others?

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31579-unable-to-connect-to-172164211471/

Well your mark v is the server your trying to connect to. Edited by xrad

Those Wiki factory reset directions requires connection to the 172.16.42.1:1471 interface which is precisely the problem.

I'll give this a go again tomorrow and try to manually reflash in Kali.

xrad, the connection was with the wireless connection the pineapple was giving off through the wifi, not the web ui. It still fails to go to the page and has yet to ask for the default username/password.

Edited by haknakpdywak

Those Wiki factory reset directions requires connection to the 172.16.42.1:1471 interface which is precisely the problem.

I'll give this a go again tomorrow and try to manually reflash in Kali.

xrad, the connection was with the wireless connection the pineapple was giving off through the wifi. It is not connected with the web ui at 172 etc.

Reflash hopefully everything will work.

Good Luck haknakpdywak.

So after resetting it with the DIP switches following these directions: http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/index.php/Factory_Reset. Everything worked except step 9 because it is still unable to connect to 172.16.42.1:1471. Additionally the amber light is blinking and according to a phone I connected the SD card to; it is now blank.

Does it need to be upgraded or unbricked?

Edited by haknakpdywak

Solution: connected to 172.16.42.42/255.255.255/.8.8.8.8 rather than 172.16.42.1/255.255.0.0/8.8.8.8. I tried that several times before without success so it must have had something to do with using the process outlined be Elliot# here: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31579-unable-to-connect-to-172164211471/

Thanks guys.

Solution: connected to 172.16.42.42/255.255.255/.8.8.8.8 rather than 172.16.42.1/255.255.0.0/8.8.8.8. I tried that several times before without success so it must have had something to do with using the process outlined be Elliot# here: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31579-unable-to-connect-to-172164211471/

Thanks guys.

Glad you got a fix for it, man. Still having issues with mine. If you connected to 172.16.42.42, did you use a static IP for your computer? If so, what did you use? Or did you use DHCP for your computer?

This is what I used from Elliot# "The pineapple status lights from boot should show green orange and red and then just green and blue will flash for a min "checking for firmware" then all lights will come on. If receiving successful replies with ping to 172.16.42.42 and replies from 172.16.42.1 I would say that your interfaces are correctly configured but your internet sharing is not. Open cmd with admin privileges type ncpa.cpl check your internet facing interface has sharing configured and is allowing the pineapple interface to share internet connections. if so and is all correct but you still can't connect do the following in cmd with admin priv type ipconfig/flushdns then ipconfig/release then netsh interface ipv4 reset. Reboot open cmd again with admin priv type netsh interface show interface to see your interfaces now to configure them for your internet facing adapter type netsh interface ipv4 set address name="your internet facing interface" source=dhcp then type in netsh interface ipv4 set address name="your pineapple interface" source=static address=172.16.42.42 mask=255.255.255.0 Now set DNS netsh interface ipv4 set dns name="your pineapple interface" source=static address=8.8.8.8 primary now type in ncpa.cpl to bring up network connections and configure sharing on your internet facing interface right click the interface select properties select the sharing tab, tick top left checkbox and select your pineapple facing interface where it says home networking connection. Click ok. If you get any pop up window saying that the pineapple interface ip address will be changed. In cmd type ipconfig/all to see your ip addresses for the interfaces and reconfigure to the correct config. make sure they are correct. The internet facing interface is using dhcp and your pineapple interface is static and is using the correct static IP address 172.16.42.42 mask 255.255.255.0 and DNS 8.8.8.8 you should be able to connect now. That should do it. You could do it all through network connections using GUI if you wish."

These commands won't work with Terminal in Mac but hopefully that explains the framework.