Can someone please help? Ducky only going to hak5 site?

R3V0L4T0R

I flashed my ducky to the firmware at the bottom of this page https://github.com/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/wiki/Downloads

and everything seems to work but now when I deploy any .bin my duck opens up a browser to hak5, which is cute but not very helpful. Sometimes after running an additional .bin file will appear on my sd..

so one goes on

two end up there after deployment

which only opens the link to the website

is there something wrong with the online encoder that I dont know about?

Does anyone have a fix for this? Ive tried different cards but all formatted to FAT and cant get this issue resolved.

Any help would be really appreciated.

I have read and re-read both of the links you have provided and I guess im not getting it.

Is there a way someone could just tell me exactly what is supposed to be on the sd card?

I thought it should be empty at the root except for the single inject.bin file i created with the encoder? Is this wrong?

Do I have to use the included encoder or does the one on the website work? If i produce a .bin file there can i not drag and drop it onto the sd card?

Why when I put an sd card in with a single inject.bin does it then default to the website opening and put another inject.bin file on my cd card, visable when i reinsert if for inspection in my reader?

Im not trying to be a bother but I have read every post on the forum...twice...and I cant figure out why this is acting this way..

best encoder to use the the v2 branch of svn or v2.6+ from ducky-decode - it will produce an inject.bin that must be stored on the root of the sdcard.

With the firmware you download, if inject.bin is not found? Darren/Jason's firmware will create a new inject.bin which redirects to hak5 website.

Change your firmware to one on ducky-decode, and use the v2.6+ encoder, then you might get better results.

ok that makes sense..

I think my problem is understanding the root of the card issue. I thought that if the card was blank and formatted and I put it in a reader in a windows machine, downloaded an inject.bin from the online encoder and put it straight onto the card, that would be enough. Am I wrong?

With the java encoders Im having a little trouble still, Im running Backtrack in a vm and am still new enough to Linux that what seems simple to you guys is a nightmare for me. I have everything updated i think (in terms of java) and can watch the duckencoder go through its paces but at the end it doesnt create the bin file because of some missing main warning. I read on it for 11 hours yesterday and still dont get it. I dont want to have to use a vm box to create a bin file if i dont have too.. All i really want to do is verify that the duck works. Im beginning to learn that i am not smart enough to have a toy like this although it seems like a simple answer would set me straight.

Is there a way to get an inject.bin file created without using linux? or to put it on my card using windows drag and drop or anything like that? When I put something on the sd card in the traditional drag and drop fashion does it not go directly to the root?? Surely there are windows command prompts to make this happen too? Running all this in a vm is making it more challenging i think..

I flashed back to the duckfirmware.hex this morning also although I miss the pretty colors of the twin duck :( Im so ready for this thing to work.

Edited by R3V0L4T0R

I just had to verify that i am in fact NOT a moron. when I open the card at the root level and can see the inject.bin file i just downloaded and it is the only thing on the card, that is in fact, on the root of the card. If that is the case then there is something wrong with my duck because it isn't seeing the bin files on the root and the firmware is delivering one. Now back to duckfirmware.hex. ..

SD card root level.

one inject.bin encoded online from a script that I wrote (is this the issue, is the online bin maker corrupt?)

ducky delivers payload that goes to the site still..

I believe I have tried every combination of anything I can figure..can someone verify that if in fact I am putting a fresh inject.bin onto the root of the card and it still doesn't work that there might be something wrong with my duck. Can i send it in for inspection??

Flashed back to c_duck_v2.1.hex

formatted my card to verify its cleanliness.

Put inject.bin onto root of card

deployed ducky into machine

recognized as mass storage

pushed button

nothing.

everytime

same results.

here is the state on my sd card before and after, seems pretty root to me.

http://i44.tinypic.com/21c81fn.png

So what am i missing other than not using the linux based java encoder? I really dont want to go through any more trouble trying to get my VM enviroment to handle getting online and getting access to my sd card and then using linux make something I should be able to download or make in windows really easily. If running a linux box is mandatory for this duck to work Ill just send it back cause that is silly. I understand that only cool kids use linux and Im not really as stupid as i seem (CompTIA A+ and whatnot) but I think there should be an easy way to verify if the duck works or not without having to go through all this trouble. This has been four solid days of reading and work and nothing should be this difficult. I am sure by now someone has read this and realizes that my duck is faulty so if they could just get with me on an exchange i can get off the forums and go enjoy my life.

If the online encoder doesnt work maybe there should be a sticky about that? Something along the lines of the duck must be encoded with the encoder provided or it will not work. pretty simple and it would have kept me from buying one. Most of us rookies saw that site as a way for us to catch up..

As a side note. Maybe someone should write a tutorial on flashing that includes all the information. Things like adding the hex files to the bin file location of the program.bat might have been a nice note that could have saved me a lot of time. I know none of you want rookies joining in but Ive never felt more ostracized by a community before. You were all rookies once.

Read the links in my signature!

Also, read the FAQ & other stickies in the Ducky Forum.

Interesting that no where in your signature info does it say that some firmwares if they cannot find the inject.bin on the root of the card deploy their own. See that was one sentence and it answered a question. You wrote two and did nothing but make me feel bad. Thanks for taking the time out to help someone out. Your'e a real standup guy.

I am going to try to help you in your pic http://i44.tinypic.com/21c81fn.png the file name is wrong it says inject (15).bin it needs to be inject.bin this comes from creating multiple files in the same directory called inject.bin so my suggestion to you is to format the sd card the ducky is on delete all the inject.bins you have created make a inject.bin with the hello world script put it on the sd of the ducky with the proper file name inject.bin I can assure you that your device is not faulty. Everything that i have seen you post is user error (PEBKAC). We are here to help but will not spoon feed you. There have been several people that have tried to help you and point you in the right direction and you have chosen to put these people down and insult them, you have not followed the rules about only posting your question once and you are not patient or willing to look up and research what your are dong wrong. YOU INSULT THE GUY THAT HAS WRITTEN ALL OF THE FIRMWARE FOR THE DEVICE. you will not get any more help form me and probably others with this display of ignorance and arrogance. There are not people on here 24/7. so be patient do research understand simple windows file structure. if you don't know it go look it up there is no shame in not knowing just not trying.

pebkac.gif

Edited by mreidiv

I am going to try to help you in your pic http://i44.tinypic.com/21c81fn.png the file name is wrong it says inject (15).bin it needs to be inject.bin this comes from creating multiple files in the same directory called inject.bin so my suggestion to you is to format the sd card the ducky is on delete all the inject.bins you have created make a inject.bin with the hello world script put it on the sd of the ducky with the proper file name inject.bin I can assure you that your device is not faulty. Everything that i have seen you post is user error (PEBKAC). We are here to help but will not spoon feed you. There have been several people that have tried to help you and point you in the right direction and you have chosen to put these people down and insult them, you have not followed the rules about only posting your question once and you are not patient or willing to look up and research what your are dong wrong. YOU INSULT THE GUY THAT HAS WRITTEN ALL OF THE FIRMWARE FOR THE DEVICE. you will not get any more help form me and probably others with this display of ignorance and arrogance. There are not people on here 24/7. so be patient do research understand simple windows file structure. if you don't know it go look it up there is no shame in not knowing just not trying.

pebkac.gif

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions.. I wasnt trying to insult anyone but I feel pretty insulted myself. I clearly read and re read all of the things that people have told me to read. Im not someone who is sitting here waiting to be spoon fed anything. I was just looking for a clear answer. Ive been working on this problem for days now.. also there is a section called questions and a section called bugs as they relate to the ducky. I was simply trying to cover my bases and be seen, I asked for clarification and none was forthcoming. You might also note that the nature of my problem changed after the firmware flash and so i asked another question,.

Anyways. Taking your advice with my Ducky...

When i put a newly created inject. bin file alone on my sd card named specifically as "inject.bin", it will not deploy when pressing the button in twin duck mode. http://i39.tinypic.com/w71wyv.png

I have waited for the machine to recognize my ducky as a drive and waited a minute beyond that as well attempting to re-deploy with no results.

I would try another firmware if someone had a specific one they thought would be more helpful but all the ones I have tried have failed.

​I apologize for wasting everyone's time and asking for clarification. I thought I might be able to add something to this project but apparently I was incorrect. Moderators can remove me from the site if need be..

Ok been away for a bit just picking this up again.

hopefully your still using the Duck Encoder v2.6+ version and the twin duck firmware c_duck_v2.1.hex

I can tell the firmware is working - because the mass storage mounts.

Tell me about the lights, and can you print your payload script here.

Again, sorry for my absence, and my time is rather limited these days.

My firmware on ducky-decode, doesn't create a default inject.bin if one is not found - have to save on space these micro controllers are small after all :)

Edited by midnitesnake