Has anyone else ran into the issue that this infusion for some reason cannont pickup wps enabled networks.(I've used kali ALOT before along with other linux operating systems), so I'm familiar with the "wash" command, ran it. The networks with wps enabled actually showed up, but when some reason this infusion just doesn't work(at least for me). I think I might just stick with putty instead, unless someone has a fix.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many people have problems using the current version of the Infusing. Personally, I telnet to Pineapple to do most things. I also run Wifite.py. One of the developers are releasing a new version any day now..

https://github.com/mictee/wifite

thanks for letting me know, I thought i was doing something wrong somehow. Thanks for the perl script, I'll try it out myself as it seems it does more than wps with a breif overview.

@All: could you try the following steps and report the output ?

- Restart your pineapple

- Connect through SSH:

# ifconfig wlan1 down
# airmon-ng start wlan1
# wash -i mon0 -C

Can you see APs ?

I don't want to be mean but... because you can't run the infusion does not mean there is a problem with the infusion itself. The problem could be from the binaries used (such as wash or reaver). All the testing I'm doing on my side report correctly all WPS enabled APs. That's said, I really want to make it work for you guys, just help me trying to shape the problem you're facing !

Edited by Whistle Master

Also, as whistle master suggests, in addition, do you have reaver installed to sd or internal storage? I ask because I was having similar problems not being able to run anything wps cracking related unless if the reaver / bully binaries were installed on the internal storage. Or if I installed on sd storage, I had to manually symlink the binaries to their respective internal locations. Maybe whistlemaster can update the infusion to auto symlink the binaries if chosen to sd install them

@All: could you try the following steps and report the output ?

- Restart your pineapple

- Connect through SSH:

# ifconfig wlan1 down
# airmon-ng start wlan1
# wash -i mon0 -C

Can you see APs ?

I don't want to be mean but... because you can't run the infusion does not mean there is a problem with the infusion itself. The problem could be from the binaries used (such as wash or reaver). All the testing I'm doing on my side report correctly all WPS enabled APs. That's said, I really want to make it work for you guys, just help me trying to shape the problem you're facing !

@datahead,

here thanks bro for the suggestion on installing it internal and not on SD. With the limited onboard space, I put everything on the SD.

Will try and reply with results.

no prob, let us know if it works for you aswel :) just dont forget to apply the steps that whistlemaster suggested ( after installing reaver to the internal memory ). hopefully if what i suggested works, then should help a few others having similar problems too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got this infusion largely working, and I've managed to get it to successfully pop a WPS protected network. That said, two questions -

1) I can't get this infusion to display WPS protected networks, AKA run wash. I still have to run wash on my Kali VM to find targets. What am I doing wrong? When I select WPS Networks, I get zero results back.

2) After a few hours, both bully and reaver will just stop working. I just have to click stop/start and it'll be fine, but I've experienced this problem with Kali as well, so I'm wondering what's going on. On Kali I wrote a simple loop that would restart the process after 10 minutes, but if i would leave it running overnight the problem comes back. This doesn't seem to be an infusion problem, just wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior before.

Thanks!

If you have installed reaver to the sd, it seems to not set itself up properly in the way it symlinks from the sd. If installed to internal its all up and fine.

My proper sd install chain is such.

ssh into the pineapple and Copy paste the following

mkdir /etc/reaver

opkg update

opkg -d sd install reaver

ln -s /sd/etc/reaver/reaver.db /etc/reaver/

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/reaver /usr/bin/

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/wash /usr/bin/

ln -s /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/reaver.control /usr/lib/opkg/info/

ln -s /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/reaver.list /usr/lib/opkg/info/

If you have installed reaver to the sd, it seems to not set itself up properly in the way it symlinks from the sd. If installed to internal its all up and fine.

mkdir /etc/reaver

opkg update

Good stuff, thanks! Does this apply to Bully?

#BULLY

opkg update

opkg -d sd install bully

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/bully /usr/bin/

ln -s /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.control /usr/lib/opkg/info/

ln -s /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.list /usr/lib/opkg/info/

Great, thanks! Now I just have to figure out why wash doesn't seem to be working with this infusion.

the infusion looks like it does thibgs different. It doesn't run a wash scan, but rather scans via iw, saves an output and parses the output with wash -C -f.

With that in mind, I believe if you keep the wlan1 ( or whichever wlan iface you use to scan ) up, it would bring the results. Ill test annd post back

If using wlan1, enable it in the infusion if it is not already, start monitor mode on wlan1, then select wlan1 and mon0 ( or whichever wlan and corresponding mon iface ) then a scan time, I did 20 seconds. It will take a bit longer in the scan time to bring results since it parses an iw scan. and selects wps only aps. And that should bring in the results of wps when you scan. Just tested and works fine for me. Might also want to disable the attacking wlan iface corresponding to the mon iface before running reaver / bully

Or if using the cli and firmware 2.1.1, my personal favorite to use airmon-zc to put the device in monitor mode, as it also brings the corresponding wlan iface down automatically for you.

The syntax for the mon iface changes aswel. Instead of mon0, it will be wlan1mon or wlan2mon depending on which wlan iface you use.

So

airmon-zc start wlan1

wash -C -i wlan1mon

Is what works for me.

But if using airmon-ng

airmon-ng start wlan1

ifconfig wlan1 down

wash -C -i mon0

Or if using the cli and firmware 2.1.1, my personal favorite to use airmon-zc to put the device in monitor mode, as it also brings the corresponding wlan iface down automatically for you.

The syntax for the mon iface changes aswel. Instead of mon0, it will be wlan1mon or wlan2mon depending on which wlan iface you use.

So

airmon-zc start wlan1

wash -C -i wlan1mon

Is what works for me.

But if using airmon-ng

airmon-ng start wlan1

ifconfig wlan1 down

wash -C -i mon0

Great stuff, thanks!!! I have found the cli to be far more responsive, and using tmux makes this far easier to get things done. Thanks a ton for the airmon-zc tip, I hadn't heard of that before and it's a lifesaver!

mkdir /etc/reaver

opkg update

#BULLY

opkg update

opkg -d sd install bully

ln -s /sd/usr/bin/bully /usr/bin/

ln -s /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.control /usr/lib/opkg/info/

ln -s /sd/usr/lib/opkg/info/bully.list /usr/lib/opkg/info/

Been having issue's with reaver and bully for a while but after doing these commands all worked great, reaver/bully both run as they should.

The only issue i'm having now is, there is no infusion installed for them, not a major one as i prefer cli anyways.

~Thanks DataHead for the fix's :)

No problem z3rocool, glad it works for you too!

But about the infusion, the reaver / bully sd install I posted does not install the infusion. you have to download the wps infusion your self from the pineapple bar. And it will detect the installed programs as it should.

If your issue is different than that with the infusion, post back here and lets see if we can figure it out :-)