Pineapple not receiving internet

DrDinosaur

Hi, I connected my Pineapple to my computer via ethernet. I just factory reseted the Pineapple. I can connect via the web interface to the Pineapple, but I can't get the Pineapple to get internet access. I am sharing the connection from the wireless of my laptop to the Local Area Connection of the Pineapple. Do I need to change something in ICS? I have wlan0 broadcasting an AP named "Wi-Fi", but wlan1 is off. Any reason why my pineapple is not getting internet? Thanks.

I actually think it's something with the Pineapple's network settings. I had the internet working just yesterday with no changes to my Windows settings. I was doing some testing with the Pineapple and I had it plugged in via ethernet and it connected to my main Wi-Fi via wlan1 and shared that internet with the AP the Pineapple was broadcasting. I turned off wlan1 so it would just get the internet via the ethernet, but the internet was then lost.

Try reconfiguring your adapters.....ie turn off ics on your wifi......set the LAN back to auto.....then reboot your pc for the heck of it.....now first set up your ics on wifi...... Then the LAN 171.16.42.42. 255.255.255.0 then 8.8.8.8 for the gateway.

I have a laptop running windows 8 I have had to do this twice. Not sure why.....windoze I guess.

Try reconfiguring your adapters.....ie turn off ics on your wifi......set the LAN back to auto.....then reboot your pc for the heck of it.....now first set up your ics on wifi...... Then the LAN 171.16.42.42. 255.255.255.0 then 8.8.8.8 for the gateway.

I have a laptop running windows 8 I have had to do this twice. Not sure why.....windoze I guess.

Thank you for the reminder! Not sure why I had to set it up again, but it fixed the issue.